Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Network Architect
2,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't seem to understand what is going on here. I tested Bioshock Infinite on this system with crossfire on before and it ran great! Now when I load up any game including Bioshock Infinite, I get a rapidly flickering green hue over the whole screen. I am using HDMI on my top HD 7770, this problem did not exist on DVI, what gives? Is the port buggered? Or is it that driver issue that I have heard about in the past (2013ish)??

ULPS disabled via afterburner. Stress tested on FurMark via HDMI and the issue still exists... Strictly when CF is ENABLED, does not exhibit this symptom when it is disabled. Please help!!!

Also, using Catalyst 14.12 Omega. As I mentioned, on this driver version this doesn't happen via DVI, but this monitor is HDMI only and I do not have a converter handy. I can convert HDMI to VGA with my converter box and see if I still have this issue, I probably will.

EDIT: I hooked up my HDMI>VGA converter and I don't have the flicker issue with it. So am I having some sort of sync issue? Hooking same HDMI cable to the monitor without the box results the the flickering.

Actually, no, it seems to be an issue with 60hz in particular regardless of where it's coming from. Is it possible it's because the HDMI isn't a high bandwidth version?

·
Network Architect
2,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This keeps getting more and more confusing. So assuming the sync issue, I ran Fur Mark again, then defocused the window, flickering instantly stopped (I could still see the benchmark test behind the other window I had open)

·
Network Architect
2,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I swear AMD is trying my patience. Seems that the Pixel Format was set to YCbCr 4:2:2 INSTEAD of the correct YCbCr 4:4:4...... Seriously now? I didn't even know the former existed. Seems to be working for now ???

1 - 3 of 3 Posts