Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Excuse me, Screenshot thread locked? Ok, I understand it was full of spam, and crap, YET IT HAD PICTURES, it had what the thread title says..

In my book, a Forum is a Discussion board, it was a discussion, they were talking about PC games old/new. there was some off-topic. Yet Kamikaze, you go and lock it?

No hard feelings dude, but you seem OVER doing it a tad.. Lock/Delete this if you want, just doesn't help that you lock a thread that was being used regularly. Now people will go and create a lot of threads.

Un-lock the screenshot thread please, it was unnecessary to lock it in the first place.

·
Premium Member
5,315 Posts
The problem was that 50% of the posts were of topic and mods did not have time to delete the post so they just lock it.

And this thanks to some of the in mature OCN.net members.

·
Banned
12,158 Posts
It was closed for a number of reasons.

Bashing a certain well known member with an older rig.

Frequent off topic posts

Members abusing the tag system

I'm sure the mods are talking it over. All we can do is wait.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So, don't delete the post, let it fly. Whats the big deal? I know I sound like a mean person here, but it's a forum, suppose to be people talking.

·
Premium Member
5,315 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kilrbe3 View Post
So, don't delete the post, let it fly. Whats the big deal? I know I sound like a mean person here, but it's a forum, suppose to be people talking.
Yeah this is a forum, a forum with rules.

EDIT: Sorry if that sounded rude.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
This is not the appropriate way to express your displeasure with a staff member. Per the TOS, you are to PM the staff member you are unsatisfied with directly. Airing dirty laundry like this is unprofessional and simply not allowed.

Just PM Kamikaze, and if you are unsatisfied with his response, then PM Admin or The Duke or someone over his head. There's no need to publicly bash him like this or to question his reasons publicly.

This thread will more than likely get closed as well.

·
Premium Member
3,947 Posts
It's cool, I got really sick of seeing a certain members screen shots anyway.

·
Premium Member
4,343 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by hiiyah777 View Post
This is not the appropriate way to express your displeasure with a staff member. Per the TOS, you are to PM the staff member you are unsatisfied with directly. Airing dirty laundry like this is unprofessional and simply not allowed.

Just PM Kamikaze, and if you are unsatisfied with his response, then PM Admin or The Duke or someone over his head. There's no need to publicly bash him like this or to question his reasons publicly.

This thread will more than likely get closed as well.
It seems like the thing to do lately though. If you're upset with something the mods do, you post int he Suggestions forum. Oh wait...that isn't what you're supposed to do?

·
Power Squid
9,609 Posts
Please PM the mod(s) of the assigned section in question if you have any queries. Do not use the suggestions section.

Thankyou.

·
ψ(`∇´)ψ
6,036 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fatal05
View Post

It's cool, I got really sick of seeing a certain members screen shots anyway.

lol

Anyway, the thread being closed isn't Kamikaze's fault, but those who seemed to be incapable of following the forum TOS. It seems many members assumed it didn't apply in that thread since it was only a screen shot thread.

Also as others have mentioned: PM the mod.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
I haven't check it, but i have 2 questions, one is off topic:

What happen to the rep information in usercp?

Also, someone locked the screenshot thread?

Now IMO, this is a discussion forum, so obviously people is going to chat about their fps, settings, and other things dealing with the screenshot.
Now as for the Off topic stuff, um no disrespect, but who cares. Nobody is talking mean about a poster or causing bomb threats or using racism, or calling people names , or posted por0 photos, or something. Now i understand people are abusing the tag, i always chuckle when i see it, and i know that people are bashing my computer, i just kinda ignore it , sometimes. But it doesn't bother me.

I really don't see the big deal, i always tell and teach folks to have fun in life, and be cheerful and stop taking " non important things " so seriously. Is there any harm in going off topic and chatting about whatever a few times in a screenshot thread?
Imo, NO. But this is my not forum, so you know. I run 2 gaming forums myself, one of them will have a screenshot thread, people can post screenshots and chill and talk about whatever they like, just keep it cool and peaceful and i will never close the screenshot thread.

peace

·
Banned
2 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by woodpigeon4
View Post

I understand why it was closed, but IMHO it was one of the best threads on OCN and I for one will be very sad if they never bring it back or change it beyond recognition.

Why not simply start another one? Just add part II

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts