Votes: 42 62.7%
  • Gelid Wing PL 600-1800 RPM

Votes: 25 37.3%
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heyy everyone leave your opinion on which one is the best 120mm fan and dnt forget to vote
biggrin.gif

·
Old to Overclock.net
4,088 Posts
Well, where I come from the Gelid is roughly $7-$8 cheaper so in terms of bang for your buck my vote goes to the Gelid / Phobya. Plus add in the fact that you can remove the fan to clean it makes it very convenient. CFM for the Gelid is listed at 73+ CFM but it's probably closer to 63 CFM which is still higher than the AP-15.

One thing to note though the AP-15's are very good fan's, super quiet and will last a long time just like the Gelid with it's nanoflux bearing so a toss up there in terms of bearings.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
First of all one of the Scythe Gentle Typhoon at 1850 RPM's is more then adequate to keep any CPU cool. Depending on heatsink being used. I have two of them in my rig and love them. The only con is they should add sleeves to the cables. I have my in a twist for now. That works for me. I got my for $9.99 a few years ago.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I'm going to get 3 of whichever one I decide. 2 for the H100 dual 120mm Rad and 1 for a exhaust fan at the back of my case (I'm getting these the same time as 650D)

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolley;15231774
Well I'm going to get 3 of whichever one I decide. 2 for the H100 dual 120mm Rad and 1 for a exhaust fan at the back of my case (I'm getting these the same time as 650D)
do push-pull =)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry for the noob question
frown.gif
but I'm still kinda new to case building could you explain what push pull is? Is it like having one pushing air out of the case like exhaust and the other blowing into the case? Btw which fans would be best for H100 rad and 1 exhaust fan?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolley;15231850
Sorry for the noob question
frown.gif
but I'm still kinda new to case building could you explain what push pull is? Is it like having one pushing air out of the case like exhaust and the other blowing into the case? Btw which fans would be best for H100 rad and 1 exhaust fan?
This is an example of push-pull config

Push-Pull-config.png

First fan push air through the heatsink/radiator while the second fan pull the air pushed by the first fan.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
4? >< Damn I thought it was 2 guess I gotta fork out some extra cash >< Hahaha thank you so much though
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
But it can or is suppose to mount 4?

Btw just curious why is everyone voting for the Scythe GT's when the Gelid Wing 12's are Quieter and have higher CFM??

·
Storage Nut
21,113 Posts
PP isn't worth it...and I say get the Gelid's!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Kk
The only reason I was leaning towards the Gelid's is because they are $19ea here in AUS and you can get a 4pack for $65 but the Scythe GT's are $23ea

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
You've identified two different uses with two different requirements. Exhaust fans need only be quiet and reliable; they don't need super high CFM ratings or the like. Radiator fans need high static pressure to push air through the radiator. Case fans only need static pressure if they're pulling air through restricting grills or filters.

Assuming Gelids actually are quieter than Gentle Typhoons, I vote Gelid for your exhaust fan and Gentle Typhoons for your radiator fans.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Anyone know the static pressure of both? Because Gelid's are cheapt to buy a 4pack so if they are even close to Scythe GT's on Static Pressure I might get them for Rad and GT for Exhaust

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Their site lists the static pressure at 2.66 mmH2O, compared to the Gentle Typhoon's actual of 2.8-ish mmH2O. Then again, their site also lists it as a 10 dBA fan...

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBEG;15238554
Their site lists the static pressure at 2.66 mmH2O, compared to the Gentle Typhoon's actual of 2.8-ish mmH2O. Then again, their site also lists it as a 10 dBA fan...
Actually 2.85 is the static pressure of the GT 2150 (28Pa). The 1850 version has (2mm H2O) 20 Pa.

37005551.jpg

The Gelid Wing 12 PL (PWM version with leds) has 2.6mm H20 and 10 - 26.8, and that sounds realistic for a 1800rpm fan.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts