·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Which one would be better between
Ultra Kaze 2000rpm
S-Flex 1900rpm

S-flex uses ball bearing, and ultra kaze uses sleeve afaik, but the kaze beats s-flex in radiator air flow.. (i think)

any input? narrowed it down to these 2 fans for my new heatsink

·
Premium Member
6,985 Posts
i have an ultra kaze and love it but ball bearing is better and its only 100rpm less so id say go for the s-flex.

·
I like computers
7,546 Posts
The S-Flex are generally more expensive though aren't they? I have some Ultra Kaze's (2) 120x38mm and they are very quiet, at least to me, especially considering they are high CFM, 75+ anyway. I would recommend them in a heart beat. The S-Flex are know to be lower rpm/cfm and less noise, but for a little extra cash, I think.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
The Ultra Kaze is noisy, especially above 1000RPM, and even then I can hear the bearings. Performance is great though since it dominates the S-Flex in static pressure, so theoretically it should cool better.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Having owned both, I will say the s-flex all day long. It's really quite an amazing fan.

Ultra Kazes are really poor fans. They are only popular because they are cheap and offer decent static pressure.

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by WaLshy11
View Post

Hey,

Which one would be better between
Ultra Kaze 2000rpm
S-Flex 1900rpm

S-flex uses ball bearing, and ultra kaze uses sleeve afaik, but the kaze beats s-flex in radiator air flow.. (i think)

any input? narrowed it down to these 2 fans for my new heatsink

what heatsink?

·
Premium Member
17,206 Posts
S-Flex are better. Overall better build quality and they use Fluid Dynamic Bearings compared to the Ultra Kazes pretty junky sleeve bearings. S-Flex are pretty popular for rads due to the amazing amount of pressure they offer for a 25mm fan.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the replys.. they help

Going to be using a Xigmatek Thor's Hammer with a push > pull combo

·
Premium Member
8,764 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Re-Evolution
View Post

Ultra Kaze as long as being 120 x 38 is ok.
more cfm and quieter (according to scythe website)
I however would go with the 3000rpm version and use a fan controller

I have the scythe ultra kaze 3000RPM but its sitting in a junk box right now because i absolutely hate it. Full speed it sounds like a hair dryer. you think oh thats fine ill just throw it on a fan controller right? wrong! when undervolted mine clicks like crazy making it just as annoying as it was at full speed.... i wish i could have my $10 back instead of this fan. im not sure how the 2k RPM ultra kaze performs though.

@OP between the two definitely pick the S-Flex IMO.

·
Introibo Ad Altar Dei
2,066 Posts
Yeah I had 2 ultra Kaze 3k rpm in my rig, they were loud as heck man. I wouldn't buy them again, plus they are 38mm in width which makes them a little harder to fit in medium sized cases. The noise level is not worth it, I could barely here my girlfriend on the phone because my comp was so loud.

S-Flex is definitely the way to go.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Auld
View Post

I have the scythe ultra kaze 3000RPM but its sitting in a junk box right now because i absolutely hate it. Full speed it sounds like a hair dryer. you think oh thats fine ill just throw it on a fan controller right? wrong! when undervolted mine clicks like crazy making it just as annoying as it was at full speed.... i wish i could have my $10 back instead of this fan. im not sure how the 2k RPM ultra kaze performs though.

@OP between the two definitely pick the S-Flex IMO.

I bought 4 ultra kaze ultra kaze 2000 and they were too loud for me at full speed and they also clicked when undervolted. I absolutely hate these fans. They're on a shelf waiting to be used for a mockup I'm doing on a case, and I hope I absolutely destroy them 'accidentally' while doing so

With that said, I now have s-flex fans all over my case. I have the F and G fans and love them both. The G fans are much quieter at full speed than the UK's were...

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Adrienspawn
View Post

Go with just push, push-pull not worth it, been there.

More noise, not worth, single fan is better

No time to elaborate, in fact I shouldn't be online right now...

Someone explain, I'm out!

Bumping slightly old post..

Why not a push>pull config?
Noise isnt an issue for me. Just want better cooling!

·
Premium Member
7,839 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by WaLshy11 View Post
Bumping slightly old post..

Why not a push>pull config?
Noise isnt an issue for me. Just want better cooling!

If you can tolerate the noise from two fans, then you can tolerate the noise from a single fan making the same noise as those two, but with lower temps. And then if you get two of those, it's still better to have a single stronger fan. With lower-rpm fans it can be good to have a second one to help suck air out, but for high-speed high-pressure fans it's not needed. So if you don't care about noise, just get a single 220cfm Delta with a 25mm or 38mm shroud. Another fan sucking might even worsen temps in this case, or at least add useless stress to the motherboard. But don't bother getting a second. Instead get better case fans.

·
Registered
256 Posts
i have an ultra kaze 1000 and they are extremely quiet. but i don't know about the 2000rpm and 3000rpm ones. i think anything above 1500rpm is going to be audible.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts