Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is this special jumper to make sure it is on SATA-II? I cant seem to find it and theres no documentation. that review on newegg made me think while i was making my build.

Some guys review on newegg.
Pros: Love the drive so far BUT, remember to take off the jumper in the back if you want full SATA-II!!!! I didn't see this mentioned anywhere and since no docs come with it nothing was there to alert me. I was trying to figure out why it kept being detected as SATA-I until I read Seagate's docs and found the section about the jumper. Works like a charm now

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
20,840 Posts
HDD Tach.

·
Premium Member
2,825 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalh3lix View Post
huh? under bios? damn im having another problem.. harddrive is registering as 127GB under SP1.. suppose to be 320GB how can i fix this?
127GB is the max allowed by SP1. Update to SP2, which is free, and you will have all of your space. I would check the hard drive with some diagnostics utility like Everest.

·
Overclocking since 1998
931 Posts
SP1A works with 48-bit LBAs as well

I used HDDTach and the burst speed was only in the 120's MB/S. Either the 7200.10 doesn't have the cache bandwidth to dish out data at SATA 300 speeds or, the P5B has the SATA controller connected via PCI and not PCIe, or my drive is just running at SATA 150 speeds. No matter, SATA 150 (I) has more than enough bandwidth for a 7200.10.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts