Overclock.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been doing research for quite sometime & by the time I've decided to get a kit, it's no longer there.

Preferred choice are:
No1. Corsair 2000Mhz C7 (CMG6GX3M3A2000C7) ~ No longer in production

No2. Super Talent 2000Mhz C7 (WX200UX6G7) ~ Not in stock

Why they are doing this to me!?!
Need your advice guys... Anything that's at the top end

·
Premium Member
21,169 Posts
Grab the Super Talent 2200 C8 sticks. They should be similarly binned to the 2000 C7 kit.

Since they only come in 2x2GB and 1x2GB, I'd just grab 3 2GB sticks. I just purchased 3 2GB sticks of the Super Talent 2133 8-8-8 21 sticks.

They're all Hyper MGH-E's so it comes down to how much you want to pay and how much you trust the binning process.

·
Premium Member
21,169 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by redhat_ownage View Post
really?
It was out of stock yesterday.

EDIT: In fact, it was out of stock about an hour ago. They must have just updated this.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
get the dominators gt

·
Premium Member
21,169 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by supra_rz View Post
get the dominators gt
Why?

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
Quote:

get the dominators gt
cant, EOL means they will never come back. ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever

get the picture?

·
Premium Member
21,169 Posts
Quote:

cant, EOL means they will never come back. ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever

get the picture?
lol.

They were $429 for a 6GB kit when they had them anyway. The Super Talents are ~$306.

·
Registered
585 Posts
big fan of those supertalent project x 2000 cl7. The 1800 cl7 sticks i got are based on those same chips, but they have disappeared (hmm, i wonder why? lol) when i put in another 6gb, those x 2000's are what im gonna have to buy.

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by AllenG View Post
big fan of those supertalent project x 2000 cl7. The 1800 cl7 sticks i got are based on those same chips, but they have disappeared (hmm, i wonder why? lol) when i put in another 6gb, those x 2000's are what im gonna have to buy.
the 1800 cas 7 sticks are not mgh-e
how are you running 2V sticks on an i7?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Quote:

the 1800 cas 7 sticks are not mgh-e
Im pretty sure they are, im not really willing to try and pull the sync's to find out... but they will do 2200 @ 7 7 7 21 on a cpu with a better imc than i have. When i bought them almost 2 years ago they were the best STT offered, then they disappeared and up popped the project x sticks, when i contacted STT about a 2nd set of my 1800's they said the project x 2000 cl7 is what i had to buy to match, as they were really the same sticks but with cherry picked modules and higher spd's in the tables. I didn't bother to ask what modules they used, wish i had now.

They arent 2v... they are 1.65.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Paid ~$330 for the kit, i must say... it was well worth it! REALLY bummed when they disappeared, which is why i called STT to find out what was the same. Right before i called them, i bought another set of cl7 1800's (the ones you were talking about i think, but maybe not since they are 1.65v too) that i thought would be similar for my dad's i7 build... they didn't clock well at all and were trash pretty much. Could only get about 1500 @ cl8 outta em. So yeah, whoever bought these particular ram's got quite a treat!

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by xxbassplayerxx
View Post

Why?

cause corsair is the best when it comes to support and especially RAM

·
Registered
585 Posts
Quote:

cause corsair is the best when it comes to support and especially RAM
Pretty much no Corsair ram even compares to these, except maybe the uber expensive GTX dom's. Try some Supertalent ram sometime.

I've bought almost nothing but corsair ram for years, the past 2 years since i switched to supertalent and figured out whats good and whats not; i will never switch back to corsair. If i have a stick die, STT sends one out before i even send the borked one back. Now THATS customer service!

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by AllenG View Post
Pretty much no Corsair ram even compares to these, except maybe the uber expensive GTX dom's. Try some Supertalent ram sometime.

never regret my gt's
i am still not an overclocker or something so noobie in this factor , probably a fanboy

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by AllenG
View Post

Im pretty sure they are, im not really willing to try and pull the sync's to find out... but they will do 2200 @ 7 7 7 21 on a cpu with a better imc than i have. When i bought them almost 2 years ago they were the best STT offered, then they disappeared and up popped the project x sticks, when i contacted STT about a 2nd set of my 1800's they said the project x 2000 cl7 is what i had to buy to match, as they were really the same sticks but with cherry picked modules and higher spd's in the tables. I didn't bother to ask what modules they used, wish i had now.

They arent 2v... they are 1.65.

Don't have to pull the sinks. Just look at the kit from the side, so you are holding the sinks parallel to the ground, and check out the side of the chips. If the sides are slanted, \\____/ , they are hypers. If they are 90* edges, |____|, they are not.

P.S. I will probably be picking 3 of these up, in case OP hasn't already grabbed somethin.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts