Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Not new to Overclock.net
78,946 Posts
I don't know, but I have a question for you: what made you decide on an 850W PSU?

·
Not new to Overclock.net
78,946 Posts
I'm just saying that if even all you have are two 7970s, you don't need anything bigger than a 650W unit (there's really no need for a larger capacity than that). That means it's likely you can get a 650W PSU that costs as much as this SeaSonic unit, and that usually means a higher quality modular PSU.

• Rep+
Reactions: Original Sin

·
Not new to Overclock.net
78,946 Posts
I just checked TechShop.in, and their options are too limited. They have only one 650W PSU, and two 750W PSUs, and they both cost more than the SS-850AT. Although, the 650W PSU that they have is the Antec TruePower New which is a very good one and it's partially modular.

I did some checking, and it turns out that the 850W XFX Pro Series Core Edition uses the SS-850AT as its platform:

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2011/01/31/xfx_pro_series_core_edition_power_supply_review/3

(do CTRL+F for "SS-850AT")

These are pretty decent PSUs, so this would be a safe purchase!

• Rep+
Reactions: Original Sin

·
Premium Member
3,645 Posts
The SS-850AT underpins units such as the Corsair TX 850V2, the NZXT Hale82 850, the Silverpower SP-S850 and SP-S850M, the XFX Core Edition 850 and XXX Edition 850 Bronze, and Seasonic's own S12II Bronze 850 (SS-850AM).

·
Premium Member
3,645 Posts
No, not a great buy... it's okish.

edit: seeing what else is available at that shop, and at what prices, I suppose the SS-850AT is indeed a great buy, certainly much better than the alternatives there.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
78,946 Posts

·
Not new to Overclock.net
78,946 Posts
Hey compgenie, what two video cards will you have in Crossfire?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's two hd 7950's. Are there any other psus? Any psu is fine that is not the only site I'll be ordering from, there's even local shops where I can check .Parts are much cheaper in the US
frown.gif
can't do anything about it.Thanks!
Edit : I can get the truepower new for Rs. 6335. Seem good?

·
Not new to Overclock.net
78,946 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by compgenie View Post

It's two hd 7950's. Are there any other psus? Any psu is fine that is not the only site I'll be ordering from, there's even local shops where I can check .Parts are much cheaper in the US
frown.gif
can't do anything about it.Thanks!
I'm almost done with my questions. :)

Will you be overclocking the 7950s? Will you be overvolting them too?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I only overclock if I feel that fps is not pleasing. I will later. But no over volting.
And - I can get the truepower new for Rs. 6335. Seem good?
Edit - the amps on the 4 12v rails look low... I'm used to seeing 40 amps...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts