Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!

So just got this today and been using it for the past 2 hours and noticed the fan doesn't spin at all. Even if i press the hybrid button. The psu gets pretty warm/hot and you can feel the heat coming out the back of the psu but no fan spin still.

I tried it at different loads, gaming and idle and no fan spin.

Is this normal? Do i just need to wait for it to hit a certain temperature before it activates the fan?

I'm pretty sure its hitting 600w with the 9900k and 3090 but theres still no fan spin.

Odd... and a little concerned.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hello,

Thank you for your message.

Normally speaking, when the Hybrid switch is pressed, the fan should spin right away. When the Hybrid switch is not pressed, the fan will only start when required. Just on case the fan is not working and PSU get too hot, it will shutdown as OTP safety will kick in.
Please kindly double check and if the fan is not spinning at all, better to ask for the PSU to be exchanged. Kindly contact your seller for this.

Thank you and sorry for any inconvenience.

Best regards,
Seasonic Team.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello,

Thank you for your message.

Normally speaking, when the Hybrid switch is pressed, the fan should spin right away. When the Hybrid switch is not pressed, the fan will only start when required. Just on case the fan is not working and PSU get too hot, it will shutdown as OTP safety will kick in.
Please kindly double check and if the fan is not spinning at all, better to ask for the PSU to be exchanged. Kindly contact your seller for this.

Thank you and sorry for any inconvenience.

Best regards,
Seasonic Team.
Pressing the hybrid button does nothing, theres no spin whatsoever. Even on boot up theres no spin which i'd expect it to at least spin to check if it works.

I think i will order another to try and if it works i'll return the broken one.

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
21,729 Posts
fan shouldn't spin in either mode if it's using <255W on a 850W, and you're not using that much power during boot. I leave my rig hooked up to a KillWatt 24/7 and I don't think during POST/boot I've ever seen much more than 150W on both a 9900K and a 10850K.

but if it never goes on then yeah, it's faulty.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
fan shouldn't spin in either mode if it's using <255W on a 850W, and you're not using that much power during boot. I leave my rig hooked up to a KillWatt 24/7 and I don't think during POST/boot I've ever seen much more than 150W on both a 9900K and a 10850K.

but if it never goes on then yeah, it's faulty.
Yeah i noticed the same from there website but the fan isn't spinning even during load so i reckon the fan is dead. I've ordered a replacement and will get the faulty one sent back.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got my replacement today, fan works perfectly as it should. Pressing the hybrid button will keep the fan spinning at all times. Replacement is very quiet even with the fan spinning.

Best of all, no coil whine either!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts