Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
told me...
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Im preparing myself for sleeving my Seasonic Prime 650W unit. Writing down how much connectors, cables etc. to get and of course checking cables pinout and whatanot.

The first thing i noticed is that it uses weird 10+18pin plug on PSU side that turns into ATX24pin which means something happens to 4 pins?

Have anybody done wiring on this PSU before and maybe has a wiring diagram on hand, i could use it as a reference sheet because ofc. ill be testing with multimeter if its right (you never know).

Also, this is what i did so far on the PCIE/EPS/SATA side so far, could anybody do a sanity check on that if i got it all right?

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomebodyOnce View Post

Hi,

Im preparing myself for sleeving my Seasonic Prime 650W unit. Writing down how much connectors, cables etc. to get and of course checking cables pinout and whatanot.

The first thing i noticed is that it uses weird 10+18pin plug on PSU side that turns into ATX24pin which means something happens to 4 pins?

Have anybody done wiring on this PSU before and maybe has a wiring diagram on hand, i could use it as a reference sheet because ofc. ill be testing with multimeter if its right (you never know).

Also, this is what i did so far on the PCIE/EPS/SATA side so far, could anybody do a sanity check on that if i got it all right?

10+18 connectors are used on almost every PSU(Some may have different CKT). Not all Slots are used & other are double wires (Which requires soldering to create, It will form a Y shape). Almost every PSU has double wires & requires the doubles wires.

There are threads for pin layout already in the Cable Sleeving forum. Based on my own Cables which is designed for EVGA. None of Sata/Molex are correct & GPU may be wrong too.

Link: http://www.overclock.net/t/1420796/repository-of-power-supply-pin-outs

I also suggest reading this: http://www.overclock.net/t/1262900/frequently-asked-sleeving-questions

Since allot of these question are already covered in that post(It is biased toward MFC website since person who runs that site wrote the thread).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts