Overclock.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By the end of this month I will have enough for this.

The idea is that I will leave the gtx295 folding 100% of the time, add another GPU to game on (10% of the time) and the fold the rest. Will this slow down folding on the gtx295?

Also will my power supply be okay for the gtx260 as well as the GTX295, I think it is, just need to make sure?

On a side note what PPD will I get from the gtx260?

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
I think it's enough.

It should yield about 6500PPD unclocked average. My is the 55nm version though. The one in the picture is 65nm, but I believe they will be similar.

It shouldn't have a problem, just remember to change the machine id when you do do it.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ninjinsamax3
View Post

I think it's enough.

It should yield about 6500PPD unclocked average. My is the 55nm version though. The one in the picture is 65nm, but I believe they will be similar.

It shouldn't have a problem, just remember to change the machine id when you do do it.

Okay thanks for the info, what PPD you get with your overclock?

If some one can confirm that the power supply will be okay?

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
I was lucky to get 1600 shaders. It yields about 8000 PPD average. The most I've seen myself was 83XX PPD, but not sure other times since I don't see it when I usually leave it on and it's at home now, so I can't really do any more further testing.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ninjinsamax3
View Post

I was lucky to get 1600 shaders. It yields about 8000 PPD average. The most I've seen myself was 83XX PPD, but not sure other times since I don't see it when I usually leave it on and it's at home now, so I can't really do any more further testing.

Yeah nice going, looks like a good card!

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Yeah it is a nice card. Hopefully, you get a very overclockable one for the shaders though. Memory doesn't make much difference or any. I dropped my memory clock like 200, and I still get the same PPD around 8000ppd.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.