Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
seeking 4K resolution content. seeking 4K content is more of a hassle than catching crab at the Bering Sea.

I bought a 4K TV and have an X1 Xfinity box come to find out it's not 4K compatible so I cancel Netflix on my account on my xfinity account to get 4K content while my 4K gear from Xfinity, so i can watch externally of x1 find out Netflix has one 4K video...

been on the phone between Comcast and Netflix Comcast states that I need to use my Comcast login ID to connect to my Netflix account externally of Xfinity system and Netflix doesn't recognize my email and it's just a big circle.

4K is stupid.

and also now I need to upgrade my 1080p Chromecast to a 4K Chromecast ultra. which was suspected but double the price of 1080p it don't make sense as much content out there isn't 4K.

·
Da Boss
1,894 Posts
4K isn't stupid lol. Comcast is stupid for giving you the run-around.

Such as:

I have a 4K TV (TCL 6 Series)
I have a NetFlix account.
I sign into NetFlix on my 4K TV.
I can now watch 4K content with zero issues.

What's the difference? I don't have any sort of cable TV. Only roll with IPTV that has THOUSANDS of channels for literally $5 a month, plus stand-alone accounts for NetFlix, Disney+, and Prime Video. All other content I can stream directly from "websites". Betcha my yearly cost is your monthly :).
Maybe it's time to cut the cords with big cable companies?

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
4K isn't stupid lol. Comcast is stupid for giving you the run-around.

Such as:

I have a 4K TV (TCL 6 Series)
I have a NetFlix account.
I sign into NetFlix on my 4K TV.
I can now watch 4K content with zero issues.

What's the difference? I don't have any sort of cable TV. Only roll with IPTV that has THOUSANDS of channels for literally $5 a month, plus stand-alone accounts for NetFlix, Disney+, and Prime Video. All other content I can stream directly from "websites". Betcha my yearly cost is your monthly /forum/images/smilies/smile.gif.
Maybe it's time to cut the cords with big cable companies?
you don't have any sort of cable TV so you don't know.

·
To The Game
7,621 Posts
Netflix does a free 30 day trail. I'm assuming your tv has built in smart functions meaning you can use netflix through the tv and watch 4k content. Might not be what you were hoping for but it's there.

·
Premium Member
2,433 Posts
you don't have any sort of cable TV so you don't know.

So bypass the crappy cable then.
4K is amazing just have to have the right gear for it.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Netflix does a free 30 day trail. I'm assuming your tv has built in smart functions meaning you can use netflix through the tv and watch 4k content. Might not be what you were hoping for but it's there.
yeah I tried to 30-day trial and and they have like one 4K movie.

·
Premium Member
2,433 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Not a linux lobbyist
2,308 Posts
It was a lot worse in 2014. Thank goodness I had sli 780tis or I would have had nearly no content. I do think upscaled 1080p to 4k looks noticeably better than native 1080p on a decent set.
Imagine how bad the 8k content is :p
If I were you I would find out what you want to watch in 4k and pursue that first and not worry too much about everything else that isn't 4k or doesn't want to be 4k on your tv. You can get to that later. I played Witcher3 in 4k for 330 hrs when it came out and that was enough for me for like a year.

·
To The Game
7,621 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Attachments

·
Bench, Dead, Squat
421 Posts
Most of Netflix's new originals are 4K HDR. If you're looking for your old favorites to be upscaled to 4K, that's not really their bag. Prime also has some good 4K programing... The Expanse, The Boys, Hunters, etc. But to each their own.

·
To The Game
7,621 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
To The Game
7,621 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
waifu for lifu
11,114 Posts
4K content is still abysmal in 2020 as most of the world is broadcasting in 720p+. I'm on youtube mostly and interestingly i have found a handful of content creators upload in that format. The latest digital movies/shows also release in 4k.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
4K content is still abysmal in 2020 as most of the world is broadcasting in 720p+. I'm on youtube mostly and interestingly i have found a handful of content creators upload in that format. The latest digital movies/shows also release in 4k.
my problem is with YouTube on my S10 plus "4k" normal uploads are like you say 720. or plays in the highest which is 720 but if you search 4K yeah. my 4K Comcast equipment's going to be here today then once I get refunded on TU7000 I'm going to order the 4K Chromecast can't wait.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
by the way my new 4K TV picture was flickering last night so I didn't want to update the tv firmware just in case they came out with a way to root after web OS 3.5, but I did update it because of the flickering and I haven't seen it since.

·
waifu for lifu
11,114 Posts
If you're a gamer the new consoles will mostly run 4k or close to 4k. Rumored $400 for the digital version of the PS5.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts