Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been super interested in building my own "test bench" but not really for testing more or less permanent solutions. I was looking to make a 2 or 3 story high test bed out of plywood and various other pieces of hardware.... but at one point do I run into safety issues regarding heat and or things like my graphics card. I know test benches are available that have card slot mounts to secure those in but obviously I'd have to add that capability if I wanted it. As far as heat goes though would this in anyway be a fire hazard? I'm running a 8350 oc'd and a 980ti oc'd and my computer gets HOT... would leaving my computer on unattended be a bad thing to do?

I guess what I really need is a FAQ guide... Does anyone know of one? I'm really going into this blind - I've just been really intrigued by these "out of case" style builds I've seen on here but really have no experience what so ever and haven't really been able to find much. If anyone could point me in the right direction that'd be great. I'm not looking to do anything fancy I just want a computer, outside of it's case.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, that's great! That's exactly what I had in visioned. Thanks for sharing, much appreciated!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts