Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys , spec on sig , thinking on selling my 5870 and wait for the 6 series to come out or go back to nvidia . Any suggestions ? also a good guide for a physx card ? have a gts 250 laying around , do i still need the resistors and stuff to dull the monitor check ?
Thanks

·
Registered
659 Posts
Well the 6 series ain't released yet so no one can really comment on whether it would be worthwhile upgrade to and a 5870 is overkill for the resolution you're gaming at anyway. Keep the 5870 and get a higher resolution LCD or two

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts
I agree with the above. The 5870 is enough even for 1920x1080/1200. It can handle games just fine, and once HD 6000 cards come NVIDIA prices will fall a lot, so just stick with the 5870, and you may be able to get a second one cheap for crossfire as prices will fall to make room for 6xxx cards. For the time being i would suggest sticking to it and maybe getting a larger monitor if you're "unhappy" with the current one

Don't waste your money

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
IF you must change, get nvidia , not because of the brand but because we dont know the 6k series yet..

• Rep+
Reactions: supra_rz

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you guys are all right , i could :
sell , wait for 6k
sell , wait for nvidia price drops
buy new monitor & wait for another 5870

hmmmmmmmm tempting

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by djsi38t
View Post

Sell the card and wait?What you mean not have a card at all until the 6 series?If you can do that then just sell it anyway since you don't need it.

i was just thinking about posting this.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by djsi38t
View Post

Sell the card and wait?What you mean not have a card at all until the 6 series?And use the 250?

got a gts 250 laying around thats why , and the prices of used 5870 are still good thats why

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by supra_rz
View Post

got a gts 250 laying around thats why , and the prices of used 5870 are still good thats why

why dont you keep your card and use the 250 as a physx?
if you want to sell it and there is no way we can convince you not to, i say get the best nvidia you can get, dont recommend at all you w8 the 6k series...

·
Banned
3,414 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by 0ptic0n
View Post

I would pickup bigger monitor first thing..

This.

Please do get 1920x1080 or similar and actually use your 5870, it would be a waste

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Guess your right guys , searching for new monitor
any cheap and good one ?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Droogie
View Post

New monitor. Your card is laughing at the one you have. I'm miserable at 1680x1050 on this one. Can't imagine going smaller

My 1600x900 isn't bad at all. 1680x1050 really isn't that bad. My friend just had me build a comp for him but is sticking with his old ~17" CRT, and he has a 465!

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by supra_rz
View Post

are we sure for the reliability of this brand ? heard it once but never knew the actual quality of them

I have a Hanns-G 22". Has a great picture and has been reliable for 2 years. I'm just looking to upgrade to a higher resolution.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hold ooooooooooon
, edit my question : any good and cheap LED monitors : P i heard they rock

1 - 20 of 32 Posts