Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
New to Overclock.net
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the current market being crazy right now, im just not 100% sure, so feedback would be appreciated.

motherboard: Maxiimus XI Formula Z390
CPU: Intel i9 9900K 51x easy with presets and decent cooling
RAM: 3200 G Skill TridentZ RGB 4x8GB (32GB)
CPU Block: EK Velocity RGB Plexi/Nickel with no discoloration (LGA1150/51)
Logitech G-Pro Keyboard (like new, used 3 times.. TKL not for me)

·
New to Overclock.net
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Prices on these are about normal so there's a starting point.
not sure what u mean by normal.. i dont know what they are period, with or without the industry supply shortage. but guess ill check ebay instead of here

·
Vandelay Industries
2,443 Posts
Basically take what you paid for them and subtract depreciation. They are not affected like PSUs and GPUs are by the shortage. Actually the i9 9900k has lost more than normal due to Intel lowering prices to compete with AMD. They can be bought new from time to time for $250-275.

·
New to Overclock.net
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hmmm.. an advanced search of completed auctions on ebay shows most going for ~300, with the lowest going for like 260.. on a used chip. Also, having paid just under 600.. yeah ill have to think about it.

·
Registered
224 Posts
You also take into account what you can buy new now that gives the same performance. If a person can get a 10700k for 300 new, why would anyone buy a 9900k for more?

Intel CPUs are easy to find in stock and not on any scalpers lists. Bottom line, don't sell your system with the intent of making more money than you bought it for.

·
New to Overclock.net
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You also take into account what you can buy new now that gives the same performance. If a person can get a 10700k for 300 new, why would anyone buy a 9900k for more?

Intel CPUs are easy to find in stock and not on any scalpers lists. Bottom line, don't sell your system with the intent of making more money than you bought it for.
more than i paid? thats laughable. the chip was just under 600

EDIT: and for the record I never had any intention of selling for more than I paid. But if resale value is improved a little for market reasons, im not an idiot either. So long story short, if you run an advanced search of 9900k auctions on ebay, youll see that the sale price generally ranges between 250 and a little over 300. Thanks for your input though

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
You're asking for appraisals. The advice given, especially for the CPU is generally valid. You have higher end used gear that has lost its value with the current platforms release. The market is only out of order for AMD 5xxx CPUs mostly the 5900x and 5950x right now, and GPUs are just insane, even PSUs have gotten better availability wise. RAM is getting a little more expensive but not outrageous it doesn't seem, yet.

A 10700k can be had for $270 an microcenter, less with a motherboard purchase and it is faster than the 9900k. It's used, but a good chip, and you have a nice motherboard for it. That will help retain some value.

I bought a 5800x because it's all I could get, the ugly step child of the 5000 series ryzen CPUs at msrp. I'm screwed for resale already, the same with the 9700k, full msrp near launch. Sold at a horrible loss like 3 months ago in the worst of the AMD shortage.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts