Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a Sempron 2400+ thoroughbred core. right now i have it running at 2050 mhz and it came stock at 1.66. the trouble is that i really want to unlock my multi but i can change it on the bios. it just stays locked a 10.0x. my fsb is at 205 mhz and when i raise it to 210. programs start not responding. is there any way that i can unlock my multi and get my cpu running at bit faster because i know it can go farther and its only running at 32C idle with a fan speed of around 3000 rpm. if anyone knows how to unlock the multi maybe they could help me out a bit

·
Premium Member
8,376 Posts
I don't think you can unlock multipliers on that CPU. Only thing you can do is lower the multiplier and raise the FSB.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Check what all your components max speeds are. Then determine what is holding you back. If its CPU, lower the multi. If its memory, do any combination of these: loosen timings, change to 2T, run a divider, give more voltage, play with it till it works. if it's motherboard, try getting the latest BIOS, but there's really not much that can be done if your mobo is holding you back. You may be able to run your RAM on a higher divider if your BIOS has the option and you memory can handle it (ie. 5:4), maybe not.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
right now my memory is at 6:4 :S because its really really slow. have it running at like 138 mhz and my fsb is at 205 multi at 10.0x, i dont really think that its my motherboard holding me back. just the fact that my proc is a sempron socket a. o well should be upgrading to an athlon xp 2600+ pretty soon. not because its afast but because its awesome for overclocking

·
Registered
199 Posts
just wondering what is your mobo? if it is somehting liek an a7n8x i have these problems that what happens os that the northbridge and southbridge are undervolted so max frequency you cna hit on them is 192mhz before stability becomes a problem. if it is try a volt mod and then you can hit higher fsb

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea its an a7n8x-x mobo. and can you tell me what a volt mod is?i've upped the voltage to 1.625 from 1.600. should this help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts