Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup!, well after a couple of days I finished my first goal of make my Sempron go from 1.8ghz to 2.0ghz, now, my second goal is reach the 2.4ghz, actually my FSB is at 223mhz and my Vcore is at the limited 1.440, the maximun is 1.450, my DDR voltage is at the normally 2.70v, everything stable and working excellent, but now I want to go more than 2.0, I want to reach the 2.4ghz, but if I raise at least 1 mhz in the fsb, the cpu go totally unstable, so I stuck, dont know what to do now, my was thinking of raising my Vcore and DDr voltages, but dunno right now, could be the memory?, so I need ya help guys!, anyhelp is welcome...

·
Banned
8,062 Posts
Hm? Is it a Sempron64? What socket? Can you post CPU-Z as well? I have a 2800+ Sempron64 (754) that hit 2.4 from 1.6 with the stock voltage.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, is a Sempron 64, socket 754 and my mobo nForce-3A 250 is the best choice for oc'ing this processor.

·
Banned
8,062 Posts
Ok. Weird. Put the divider at 333 if thats an option, or put it at 4:3. Then up your FSB. You should be getting WAY higher oc's out of that.

Progenicus what vcore are you running on?

·
Banned
606 Posts
dude....same CPU here.

HTT 270
HT 3x
V-core 1.55
Divider 2-1.5

If you dont have a 150mhz memory setting then use these settings

HTT 302
CPU Multi 8x
HT 3x
V-core 1.55
Divider 2-1.33 (133mhz 266ddr)

That will give you 2.4 even and put your RAM at 200mhz flat.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the help, actually all my SDRAM timing options are in auto, so the DDR runs 400, if a put the divider at 166mhz, will drop to 333, aint bad that?, and then what I should put in cas latency and all that?.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Just leave all the latency and timings alone, and put the divider to 333 (or 166 if thats what you have). Then you should be able to get your FSB higher, then when you hit a wall again, put a bigger divider on and keep truckin. You should aim for 2.6 with that rig.

EDIT: Just out of curiosity, what brand is your motherboard?

·
Premium Member
8,427 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MouTiOn
thanks for the help, actually all my SDRAM timing options are in auto, so the DDR runs 400, if a put the divider at 166mhz, will drop to 333, aint bad that?, and then what I should put in cas latency and all that?.
It won't actually be at 166Mhz because the divider times the FSB will bring you back to 200ish. The idea with value ram is to always keep it around 200Mhz.

·
Banned
606 Posts
Man, just try the settings I said earlier. Setting the RAM lower will set it to a lower frequency, but as you add to the HTT that frequency grows too. Thats why setting it to 266ddr and your htt to 302 will make your RAM run at 400ddr. Get it?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Commander Kool
Man, just try the settings I said earlier. Setting the RAM lower will set it to a lower frequency, but as you add to the HTT that frequency grows too. Thats why setting it to 266ddr and your htt to 302 will make your RAM run at 400ddr. Get it?

LOL I don't get what you're saying

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I did the change and the BIOS and the CPU is enjoying of a well stability now ,I raised my FSB from 223 to 225 just for checking out if the unstability still but it didnt, also the change stopped a noise in the Case that was a bit desagradable, I change only the Max timing to 166mhz, the DDR is at 330 now, I left the rest of the options in Auto is it cool?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Can someone please tell me what i need to do to overclock my system? Ihave no docs for my moboand can't find any online. Here is a pic of my CPU-Z info. Sorry that the pics or attachments, could get them to display any other way. This will be myfirst overclock so please be patient

Thanks
LL
LL
LL

·
Banned
606 Posts
Dude....I have the exact same CPU!!! If you want 2.4 100% stable do as follows.

HTT 302
V-Core 1.55
CPU multiplier 8x
HT multiplier 3x
RAM divider 133
RAM timmings 3-3-3-8

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Its weird, ok I putted it at 166mhz, ok, I could raise my FSB, now check this...my FSB is at 230mhz and the CPU is running at 2069.22 mhz, memory bus = 188.12 mhz, Vcore=1.50v, and with my MOBO the Max FSB speed what I cant get is 250 mhz, I think that the PC should be running at least 2.2ghz with 230 FSB, ***

1 - 20 of 33 Posts