Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see these SENNHEISER DJs HD202 on newegg for $22 and was wondering if that's the best quality headphones I can get now for that price?

·
Premium Member
8,183 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ACM
View Post

You can never go wrong with Sennheiser.

personally I dislike a lot of Sennheisers but moving on...
They don't make bad quality headphones though.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Actually, you can go wrong with Sennheiser, contrary to popular belief. There are much better alternatives to many of their flagship cans.

I've heard those HD202s are a bit muddy with bass. Go with the Koss KSC-75 or JVC HA-RX700.

·
Custom User Title
3,652 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by HoldYrPistlstr8
View Post

Actually, you can go wrong with Sennheiser, contrary to popular belief. There are much better alternatives to many of their flagship cans.

I've heard those HD202s are a bit muddy with bass. Go with the Koss KSC-75 or JVC HA-RX700.

Mostly there quality is what you can't go wrong with.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wouldnt wanna spend more than $25 on a headphone, so since it cost $40 and i can get it for $25 i wa wondering if thats a good deal or i can do better?

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
For $25, I don't think you could do better than the HD202s. If you were willing to spend $31, you could get the HARX700's shipped on buy.com

·
Premium Member
8,183 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJkelly
View Post

I wouldnt wanna spend more than $25 on a headphone, so since it cost $40 and i can get it for $25 i wa wondering if thats a good deal or i can do better?

You can do better e.g. the JVC RX series.

Honestly, spend an extra $10 and get the HA-RX700

$34 shipped.

http://www.buy.com/prod/jvc-ha-rx700...206897541.html

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
the 202's aren't bad but as mentioned the bass can be muddy depending on the music. while listening too heavy metal i noticed the muddiness but while listening too trance i barely notice it at all.

·
Premium Member
8,183 Posts
headphones in this price range don't really differ too much in terms of gaming performance but the RX700 is well recognised to be one of the best value headphones in that price range.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:

Originally Posted by chinesekiwi
View Post

headphones in this price range don't really differ too much in terms of gaming performance but the RX700 is well recognised to be one of the best value headphones in that price range.

OK, thanks for he info, + rep

1 - 13 of 13 Posts