Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never really liked closed back headsets but I guess I can't complain when Sennheiser are sending me a newer model as a replacement. I'm thinking either contacting them and seeing if I can get the G4ME Ones instead, keeping them, or even selling them and buy a different pair of headphones like the 598's and a modmic or even the AKG K712 PRO's w/ modmic.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
If you're particular in regards to open vs closed, then no. But imo, I would accept. If you're okay with a separate mic, then selling it for a 598 would be a viable option.

·
Registered
148 Posts
If you can deal with the closed back then take the offer. I own a pair of zeros - they are very comfortable and sound amazing. I've also owned a pair of HD 598's and don't feel like it was a backward step. If you go with the zero's you'll need an amplifier to go with it (unless your sound card has one).

Alternatively, speak to Sennheiser and see if you can get the g4me one's instead... as they're open cups and slightly cheaper? The one's also don't need an amp as they're low impedance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts