Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have AMD 955 BE @3.8GHZ, I activated the 4 core and now I used EVEREST and HWMonitor Pro and the temperature is stuck at zero degrees celsius. How can I know the actual temperature of my CPU is?

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
HWmonitor won't show the individual cores, but it should show something like your CPU temp overall on like TMPIN0. Just run a stress test and see which temps go up, and you can go by that number.

However, if your cpu was fine before unlocking, it's probably still well within its temp limits now.

Edit: Wait, you have a quad already, or did you have an X2 or X3 before?

If you already had a quad, it does nothing.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I uninstalled HWMonitor since it's causing me problems regarding my GPU fan. Is there any indication in EVEREST?

·
Probably sleep deprived
5,585 Posts
First off the 955 is already a quad core.
You either mean you got an Athlon II X3 of some type and unlocked it or you have a quad core and are trying to unlock a core that isn't there.
Core Unlocking utilities can upset temp monitors and ACC turns them off all together.
I know that on my motherboard if I unlock the 4th core/L3 and turn it into a 945 either my temps spike by 20+ degrees or it upsets the sensors.

Edit: Use MIS Afterburner for your GPU fanspeed and settings and use HWMonitor for other temps etc.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilWrir
View Post

First off the 955 is already a quad core.
You either mean you got an Athlon II X3 of some type and unlocked it or you have a quad core and are trying to unlock a core that isn't there.
Core Unlocking utilities can upset temp monitors and ACC turns them off all together.
I know that on my motherboard if I unlock the 4th core/L3 and turn it into a 945 either my temps spike by 20+ degrees or it upsets the sensors.

Edit: Use MIS Afterburner for your GPU fanspeed and settings and use HWMonitor for other temps etc.

That's what I did before and it fully turn off my Fan Speed.

·
Chief Engineer
941 Posts
Quote:

If you already had a quad, it does nothing.

Ummm.......no. ACC = Advanced Core Calibration
It's not just an un-locker. You can calibrate the cores either together, or independently, up or down the clockscale, for maximum OC on a per core basis. Knowledge is power.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Okay. I tried HWMonitor again then run Prime95, so far so good; full load at 45 degrees Celsius. I check TMPIN0
smile.gif

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have a question of my own. How far off is TMPIN0 from the cpu temp? and how do I identify which these temperatures are since I have more than one?

·
Premium Member
10,858 Posts
There is absolutely no reason to enable ACC on a quad. ACC was used on first generation Phenoms to enhance overclocking. It also allowed newer CPUs to be unlocked by enabling it. If you already have a quad, there is no point. ACC does nothing for Phenom II overclocking...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts