Overclock.net banner

21 - 40 of 66 Posts

I can count to potato
Should be interesting if a few RTX 3080鈥檚/3090鈥檚 show up! I hope to have a 3080 running if I get it in time. 馃
Did you manage to snag a 3080 this morning? Very curious to see how they handle [email protected]

I <3 narcissists
I am wondering the same thing, did anybody get their hands on one?

Not new to Overclock.net
I am planning to get a 3090, but I was going to try to pick up a 3080 as well... no luck

Registered
In as usual.

Premium Member
I got mt folding rig back up and running for the FAT. I was hit with a ton of tiny work units the past few days.I average 9 bigger units a day on my 2 cards but 104 yesterday?

Rig Advisor
Sorry, In the middle of some changes, will be folding lightly this month.

Fold on!
I got mt folding rig back up and running for the FAT. I was hit with a ton of tiny work units the past few days.I average 9 bigger units a day on my 2 cards but 104 yesterday?
Those were cuda benchmarking units to get some performance details for upcoming units. There is a thread on the folding forum about it, somewhere in the beta section if I'm not mistaken.

[Edit] Folding Forum 鈥 Login

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #28
Should be getting some new hardware in today, hopefully I'll have time to set that up.

Fold on!
Should be getting some new hardware in today, hopefully I'll have time to set that up.
3080? :D

I tried to get another used card for this FaT, but I was a bit too late. So I decided to steal a 1080ti from a friend and let that one run under my name :p

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #30
3080? :D

I tried to get another used card for this FaT, but I was a bit too late. So I decided to steal a 1080ti from a friend and let that one run under my name :p
Nope, not that lucky or willing to be a guinea pig for new hardware. 2080 Ti I snagged on Ebay for "cheap"-ish last week. Replacing a 980 Ti so that should be a healthy boost in gaming and folding performance. 980 Ti is immediately getting sold to a friend for his first PC, so that works out nicely.

I <3 narcissists
That should be a nice boost. My 2080ti gets about twice as many points as my 1080ti. I got a blower cooler for my 1080ti (had a waterblock) so I installed it in place of my Radeon VII, now my work machine can be folding as well. I'm not sure why I was having so many problems trying to fold with the RVII but the 1080ti was folding all weekend without crashing so it doesn't have whatever problem the VII had in this system.

Fold on!
Nope, not that lucky or willing to be a guinea pig for new hardware. 2080 Ti I snagged on Ebay for "cheap"-ish last week. Replacing a 980 Ti so that should be a healthy boost in gaming and folding performance. 980 Ti is immediately getting sold to a friend for his first PC, so that works out nicely.
Ah sweet, that's a nice upgrade!
I feel the same way about the new cards for now. Give it some time, and see what happens.

I can count to potato
I also just snagged a cheap-ish GPU on ebay. Swapped out the old GTX 960 I had in my Plex server for a used 2070. Should be a pretty big jump in folding performance and total overkill for my Plex transcoding needs lol.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #34

Rig Advisor

OC...D
Oh geeze, how did I miss this??

Rig Advisor

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #38
Yeah I've got a lot of fine tuning to do but I'm just blown away considering I've never had a card that can do over 1M PPD and now I have one that's capable of 4M PPD bursts. Crazy stuff.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #40
21 - 40 of 66 Posts