Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a EVGA Geforce 6600GT 2 days ago and I've had nothing but problems plauging me since I got it to replace the Radeon9800.

I completely removed all traces of the 9800 drivers and set up the card and installed drivers like normal.

I started having problems with frequent crashes in games. Now I cant even get it to boot into windows without crashing.

I'm about to take this piece of **** back to the store.

I've got a high quality Antec 350W psu, modified to run cooler than stock. The card is hooked up to its own seperate line for power. I've about had it with this thing.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
404 Posts
Quote:
Requirements
Minimum of a 350 Watt power supply.
From EVGA : http://www.evga.com/products/moreinf...=specs&family=

Since you have the minimum PSU wattage, it's tolerance may not be good enough to supply it the power it demands. I'd suggest upgrading your PSU if you don't want to fall back to the card you had in before.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great, as if I didn't spend enough already....

$315 for Card + Warranty

Now I'm prolly gonna have to fork over another $100 for a good powersupply...

·
Banned
1,451 Posts
Thats how it works LoL
I suggest not getting into overclocking if you dont want to spend too much money.
And you cant have talk of rep in your sig so I suggest changing it.
And ya.
PSU would be my first guess.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Meh, New rules, Old sig. Havent been on here in a while, but its still nice to drop by to ask questions.

In terms of overclocking, I've had very little problem and I'm quite experienced, I may just grab one of the zalman GPU coolers while I'm at it.

>.< Time to go hungry for a couple days...

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I might have considered that if I didnt want to wait for a video card. $45 of that is for a 3 year warranty from defects. Add tax onto $200 and it roughly adds up. I admit I can get it cheaper online, but I really dont feel like being stuck only to my laptop for the next week.

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by cdub998

Yeah the EVGA cards all have lifetime warrenties. No need to buy one.

exactly! You really need to take that card back because someone screwed you! You could get a 7800GT for that price... or a 6800GS and a new psu! take it back, take it back!

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by soloz2

exactly! You really need to take that card back because someone screwed you! You could get a 7800GT for that price... or a 6800GS and a new psu! take it back, take it back!

Agreed, It's always a smart idea to run prices by people on overclock.net. Takes only a few minutes and can save a lot of headache. Oh well hope you return that thing and get what you deserve!

·
Registered
679 Posts
here's what ya do:
return your card and warranty...
get a new psu..say a NUUO
get the xfx 6600gt card off ebay for less and with no tax
put it all together in a week and it'll be worth the wait

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm amazed at what a difference the new PSU has made. It even got my portable hard drive working.

System is running stable at a nice overclock. See my rig setup for details.
Got a coolermaster 450W and a zalman AlCu GPU cooler while I was out. I know the store guys pretty well, so they let me tinker on my comp in the store. Meanwhile customers are coming in and asking me questions....

Either way, thanks everyone, reps to those who helped.

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
I still say you get your money back for that warranty. they're screwing you over

1 - 16 of 16 Posts