Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a serious error and the blue screen of death... Technical data as follows:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

***STOP: 0X0000000a (0x0000000x 00000004 00000002 00000000 0x804ED996)

idk, havent installed any hardware EVER, idk whats the matter. haven't made any changes at all to the comp. pleeeease help, i get this right at startup when i get to the desktop, it seems to lag while starting up all the startup applications, then blue screen of death occurs.

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by atvkid1090

I got a serious error and the blue screen of death... Technical data as follows:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

***STOP: 0X0000000a (0x0000000x 00000004 00000002 00000000 0x804ED996)

idk, havent installed any hardware EVER, idk whats the matter. haven't made any changes at all to the comp. pleeeease help, i get this right at startup when i get to the desktop, it seems to lag while starting up all the startup applications, then blue screen of death occurs.

it appears that the IRQ for one of you devices is not properly configured, I would enter the BIOS and make sure that all IRQ assignments are automatic.

Also check the device manager, sort by IRQ, and you will see the conflicting device.

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by mfillpot

it appears that the IRQ for one of you devices is not properly configured, I would enter the BIOS and make sure that all IRQ assignments are automatic.

Also check the device manager, sort by IRQ, and you will see the conflicting device.

this is it...attached

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by atvkid1090

this is it...attached

That is strange, have you cheked the IRQ assignment in the BIOS?

·
Premium Member
3,983 Posts
Anytime you get persistent blue screens you need to test your ram. I all of the sudden started getting crashes and after testing my ram I found that it was faulty. I didnt think it was gonna be my ram because it is expensive and fairly new but ***** happens. I would recommend this prog since it is easy to use and understand: http://hcidesign.com/memtest/

·
Banned
1,028 Posts
I second digital phreak it seems windows only fails now on ram issues (which is nice) but also theres something screwy about SP2 that makes you screw up your ram and it's not with the whole hiberfill issue. Anyways I would try standing alone memory and playing a highend graphics game again and see if you get the blue screen of death (aka test your memory)

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
won't let me...

Quote:

That is strange, have you cheked the IRQ assignment in the BIOS?

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
this has nothing to do with Sp2, did u do some overclocking? i get that error when i OC too much without raising the voltage. im almost positive its the memory, so try upping the voltage and should go away

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i have a dell.
Quote:

Originally Posted by adas123

this has nothing to do with Sp2, did u do some overclocking? i get that error when i OC too much without raising the voltage. im almost positive its the memory, so try upping the voltage and should go away

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:

Then try to reset BIOS and see if that makes a difference.

how do i do that, just pull out the battery? i can't find a jumper, what should i look for?

·
Premium Member
3,983 Posts
You can pull out the battery but there is usually a 3-pin jumper near your cmos battery. If not try and see if any of them are labeled "cmos" or "CCLR" or something of the sort.

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok. so. here goes:

I got another blue screen, saying that the ntfs.sys driver was corrupted. i got a lil fed up and broke out the acetylene torch (jk) and burned it to a crisp. wheel, i called dell, as my warranty expires in '07, and the guy (he sounded like he was from another country) started taking me through how to repair it. after trying repeatedly, he said do a clean install. soo, i was like ***? so i deleted all my partitions, reformatted the hdd (which took upwards of an hour), then reinstalled xp. problem fixed? nope, i'm pissed off cuz of all my movies (i ripped the matrix I and III to my hd, all my fotos, and everything else. gone... so all the problems are fixed...for now...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts