Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Gamer
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So like what the hell... borderlands 2 works fine, but serious same 3 will load up and play part of a cut scene and then crash... I have tried restarting comp, verifying integrity of catch, and updating my nvidia gtx 660 graphics driver. I'm about to return this piece of crap laptop if I can't get this game to run, any suggestions?

Also, IMO windows 8 is just plain trash.. after figuring out how to use it for 10 hours straight, it's still a terrible layout compared to windows 7. May just say screw laptops in general and build me a micro atx tower for "portability"

·
Laptop Enthusiast
9,395 Posts
Why would you return a laptop because a game won't run? That's like returning a car to a dealer because you can't get a particular frequency on the radio.
rolleyes.gif

Also, if you're gonna bash laptops just because you don't understand the OS then please go do it somewhere else.
rolleyes.gif
The OS has NOTHING to do with the true capabilities of the laptop. If you install Windows 7 on it, guaranteed it'll work fine.

As for you game issue, I say it's just a bug with the game or Windows 8 being all buggy. Windows 7 was like that before the service pack was installed if you forgot.
tongue.gif

by the by, what did you pay for that machine and where did you get it?

·
Gamer
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
960 at best buy. for the price it was a good deal, seeing as newegg, tiger direct, amazon don't sell anything better... actually buy.com has the Lenovo y580 for 890 brand new, but all though everything about the specs is superior then the Asus one, it has terrible cooling for gaming, and is much more heavy.

Blah, it's mostly windows 8 that's killing my interest in laptops now... the os is so immature and buggy, it's very frustrating that Microsoft made it the way that they did. seriously debating the return
tongue.gif

And the Asus laptop also has no optical drive, and I really don't have the time or effort to make a flash drive for it to run windows 7 only to find out Optimus and other hardware/ software gtx 660m will not work right with the latest driver or risk screwing other things up after I install windows 7 on it. btw... I'm a gamer so if my favorite games don't run Properly, then theirs really no point in owning this gaming laptop, now is there?

your analogy is also terrible... Good logic lol.. You buy a gaming computer to game exclusively. You don't buy a car to listen to the radio...

·
Laptop Enthusiast
9,395 Posts
Actually the cooling on the Y580 is better than the Asus G75, which shames the G46 in every way.

If you're THAT dead set on returning the machine, go back and get the Lenovo. I guarantee that you'll enjoy it more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts