Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so, When I connect my 400W Seasonic in my PC, i get 4 beeps, and the PC won't start. Altho when I put my 350W HP in there, everything works fine. What could be causing the 4 beeps, and what do they mean?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Bump for someone to help this guy out.

·
Overclocker
867 Posts
Its a genuine HP motherboard on some model boards the power pinouts are different to the standard ATX specification and they dont work if you google it you will find plenty of sites telling you the difference also I am surprised the board hasnt gone up in smoke

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But it worked a few days ago, and it worked for a good month! its 2 months old!!
Thanks for the bump.

Could it be the onboard battery? I removed it and my 2nd 250GB HDD worked again! I don't have it in the mobo...

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Penicilyn View Post
well you already figured out that it's dead. Yeah, it's dead. RMA it.
Are you seroius???!

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
That's a proprietary motherboard, right? I mean, it's part of an HP system that you bought? It may have its own issues with non-proprietary power supplies (like the Seasonic). Did it work before with the Seasonic, and now it doesn't? Or are you just installing the Seasonic, and this is what you get? I know nothing about that board, I must say... you may want to go to an HP forum or find an FAQ, or even consult HP tech support.

Also, just the simple stuff: everything's plugged in securely? 8-pin cpu plug is right-side-up? RAM is secure? Hard drives are securely connected (data cords as well as power)? Etc.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I know that Dell did something similar with their systems, they switched the motherboard power inputs so normal PSUs won't work.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by seward
View Post

That's a proprietary motherboard, right? I mean, it's part of an HP system that you bought? It may have its own issues with non-proprietary power supplies (like the Seasonic). Did it work before with the Seasonic, and now it doesn't? Or are you just installing the Seasonic, and this is what you get? I know nothing about that board, I must say... you may want to go to an HP forum or find an FAQ, or even consult HP tech support.

Also, just the simple stuff: everything's plugged in securely? 8-pin cpu plug is right-side-up? RAM is secure? Hard drives are securely connected (data cords as well as power)? Etc.

Good luck.

It worked before, eerything is securely connected, the 4-pin, all the HDDs, the mobo power, coolers, DVD drive, everything. I do the same with the Seasonic and it gives me 4 beeps, although that never happened before.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts