Discussion Starter #1
heya guys and girls.
i built a system for a company with:
-conroe E6400
-7900GS
-WD 250gb x 4 in RAID 0+1 setup
-gigabyte quad 6 motherboard
-ocz gamextream 700w....etc etc

when i go to install windows i follow the RAID instructions to every little detail and i've installed raid before so it's no issue. however, when windows is copying the installation files to the hard drive (before actually loading the windows installation) about midway it comes up with a blue screen of death say IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL......what on earth does that mean??

i've also gotten one involving the USB and one saying MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

any help is GREATLY appreciated because the deadline for this computer is only one day away

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tt_shark View Post
heya guys and girls.
i built a system for a company with:
-conroe E6400
-7900GS
-WD 250gb x 4 in RAID 0+1 setup
-gigabyte quad 6 motherboard
-ocz gamextream 700w....etc etc

when i go to install windows i follow the RAID instructions to every little detail and i've installed raid before so it's no issue. however, when windows is copying the installation files to the hard drive (before actually loading the windows installation) about midway it comes up with a blue screen of death say IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL......what on earth does that mean??

i've also gotten one involving the USB and one saying MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

any help is GREATLY appreciated because the deadline for this computer is only one day away

The IRQL Less or not equal BSOD usually indicates a driver error. I honestly have no idea what you should do to try to fix it, but that's what it means in most cases.

·
Premium Member
6,685 Posts
I do believe I have got that error message when I tried to run my RAM at to many mhz, but I don't think that really helps you.

• Rep+
Reactions: tt_shark

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well the ram is a dual channel kit of 2 gb ocz 800mhz XTC gold edition so they cost quite a bunch and its weird that they may be the cause. Im at school though so i cant check until i get home

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FIXED!!!!!!!!! yesssssss!

problem: Gigabyte-965P DQ6 motherboard is reported to have a ram compatibility issue with a very minimal series of RAM modules...unfortunetly that happened to be my XTC OCZ's haha. Flashed the bios from F1 to F7 and all is good now not to mention a few added features to the mobo yay! She flies boys!

thanks to all who offered help and recognised it as a ram related problem. reps to all

1 - 6 of 6 Posts