Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No idea if this belongs in CPU-MoBo-BIOS so hopefully someone can shift it if I got it wrong.

I'm trying to setup a decent OC to give me better frames and smoother play in BF1. Currently getting 58-70fps all settings on max

My Rig is

Rampage V edition 10 - BIOS 1503

Intel i7 6850k

Noctua NH-D15 air cooler with both fans on it.

G.Skill Trident Z (F4-3200C16Q-32GTZKW) which is XMP enabled and compatible with my board.

eVGA GTX1080 FTW edition with a 50MHz OC on it.

The BIOS seems to be very confusing and I have followed a few guides and presets but none seem to be giving me the results I want. What speeds should I expect from this setup ?

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

These are my current settings and benchmark score.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats running CPU at 4.0 and ram at 3.2

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
What resolution? I reckon if you're maxing at 1440p or 4k, thats pretty normal fps for a 1080 non-ti.

Are you aware of what is holding you back? Monitor your GPU/CPU usage in game. If its as I suspect, you're 99%'ing your 1080 then lower some superfluous settings like AA, AO, tessellation etc. (like you don't really need 8x msaa)

For GPU can't really eke out more than 2-2.1GHz stable without bios mods and good cooling. If its your cpu cores hitting 100% (individual, or all) then i'd suggest working your way up to 4.4-4.6GHz if you can. Your voltages look okay, might want to disable some of the auto OC stuff like asus multicore enhancement (idk what that even does). I would follow the Skylake clocking guide thats been floating around here.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the tips. I'm playing at 1080p with resolution scaling at 200% which puts it at about 4k and I do want everything set on its highest setting. I am all about that visual quality. I just want to be sure I am making the most out of my PC and getting as many frames as I can in my current setup.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts