Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was using an intel x25-v as my boot drive using Win7, and had an OCZ agility 60gb as my gaming drive. I recently bought another agility and I'm trying to run them in raid0. My problem however is now that I have created the raid0 with the agilities, my intel x25-v can no longer boot in windows without crashing and getting a BSOD.

I'm assuming that I have some setting set wrong set in my bios (F4 bios for Gigabyte P55 ud3r). These are my current settings.

Extreme Hard rive XHD: disabled
PCH SATA control mode: raid(xhd)
eSATA Controller: AHCI
GSATA 0-1/IDE CTRL Mode: IDE

intel x25-v (Non-raid member)
WD caviar black (Non-raid member)

Also, I installed win7 onto the x25-v in AHCI if that has anything to do with it. I have no idea what to do at this point. If you have any ideas or suggestions on how to fix this please let me know.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just disabled raid in PCH SATA control mode and went back to ACHI mode. Now I can boot right up into windows and under disk manager it now shows a 120GB unallocated array? Does this mean that once the raid is created, you are supposed to go back to ACHI and they continue to function as a raid0 array?

OK ran HD tune and I'm averaging 220MB/s, clearly not the speed it should be in raid0. Does anyone have any thoughts?

·
Registered
220 Posts
I ran into the same issue, the problem is the controller for your primary Windows disk has changed and Windows doesn't know *** to do about it.

I'm not 100% certain because this isn't exactly an IDE>AHCI switch that you've done but I get the feeling this thread on pcper will get you going. You'll need to switch to AHCI again so you can boot to Windows to make this change. While you're there, you may want to download the ICH10R raid drivers if you don't already have them and right-click install inf just to be thorough.

http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?t=444831&page=10

The GSATA in your bios is the SATA3 controller, not the ICH10R... I made the same mistake until I found the little white SATA ports that are built on the right-hand side of the board facing the front of the case. You could try plugging into those with the ports configured in IDE mode though I admit I have no idea what your results from that will be like.

At this point if those suggestions don't take care of you, I'd either reinstall Windows completely, or if you can't stand to bear it go nab yourself an external usb drive and boot off your Intel V from there.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by eskaryo View Post
The GSATA in your bios is the SATA3 controller, not the ICH10R... I made the same mistake until I found the little white SATA ports that are built on the right-hand side of the board facing the front of the case. You could try plugging into those with the ports configured in IDE mode though I admit I have no idea what your results from that will be like.
Anyway I could set the GSATA to ACHI mode and then plug the x-25v into that? I think I may try that out later today, if that doesn't work it looks like I may just have to reinstall Windows.

·
Registered
220 Posts
You can do that but you need to be sure Windows on that disk has the GSata drivers or you're going to end up where you started.
Your best bet will be to switch the ICH10R to AHCI, preload the RAID drivers and GSata drivers, then you can go back to RAID/XHD.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Actually now that you mention you had the Matrix storage manager installed already, that kinda takes my idea and throws it out the window.

Have you tried using the Gsata ports yet? Possibly enable Gsata by plugging your new raided drives in, with the ICH10r controller in AHCI so you can boot into Windows & the Gsata drivers load and install.
Then switch the configuration up, Intel drive on Gsata, ICH10r in XHD w/ your Agility's and allow Windows to come up and load those drivers.

Either way you're spending a lot of time trying to get Windows to boot... you may spend less time just reinstalling.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts