Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I am pretty new to water cooling. But ive been setting up computers for some time so i am familiar with the subject.

My Setup is:

MidiTower: Corsair 500R
Hk: Gigabyte Z-68Xp-UD3
CPU: Intel i5 2500k
GPU: 2x Gigabyte GTX560ti OC 1GB
Disk: Corsair Force GT 120G SSD
Minne: Corsair 8Gb DC Vengance
PSU: XFX XX Edition 850W modular

For cooling i have avaliable:

Corsair H80.
2 120mm.
4 90mm.

And the stock that is in the 500R. The 2 120mm intake in the front. The 120mm exhaust in the back. And the 200mm intake in the door.

Anyone has a good setup for this? Where to have the H80? And if it should be intake or exhaust..

I was thinking.. The 2 120mm in front as intake. Same with the 200mm in the door. And take out the 120mm in the back and put the H80 there, and put it as intake. And place 2 120mm at the top as exhaust.

How is that gonna work? I am thinking the airflow is gonna be good.. The air is coming from both sides(and the door in the middle) and goes up in the middle:p Well thats my theory..

Input?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Generally the rear is the only place you can put it; if you can I would put the radiator on the outside if the tubes have access through the case so that the radiator is slightly cooler than if it were inside your case. Or somewhere on the top to give you more room to tinker with your motherboard.

It should always be exhaust, I have made that mistake once; over time the air from your radiator will get pretty hot, like a blow dryer, and you do not want to make your case temperature any hotter than it will be. Don't worry, you will still get good temps like this.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay. Sounds good. I was getting a little worried that my tempratures would be pretty bad, and would have my fans running at full speed at all times.

Setting it up tommorow:)

·
Registered
129 Posts
You probably don't need to worry. I'm basing that on my previous build when running both a CPU and GPU on just a 2x120mm radiator. Since it's just a CPU and a newer architecture than mine, you wont get as hot temps as me and you probably wont notice any heat coming from your rad... don't worry it's still working!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts