Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm scaling down my current ITX build for something that will fit under my TV a little better :) no name yet, but I'm sure it will come soon.

I'll be using this build for streaming from my main rig, HTPC activities, and recording console peasant game play. Might give Steam OS a try for a bit as well!

Onto the specs!

• Intel 6600k
  • MSI Z170i AC
  • 2x8GB Kingston HyperX 2666Mhz
  • MSI 980 Ti Lightning!
  • Silverstone SFX 600W
  • 2x Intel 530 180GB SSDs in RAID 0
  • Slot Load Blu-Ray drive
  • Silverstone FTZ01
  • EK Liquid Cooling!

Soooo as most builds start, I had very small plans with this, was going to air cool and everything. Then the more I sat on it and saw others doing liquid in this case, I figured I may as well do it as well, of course. So without further ado... lets start.

Don't mind the fingerprints, will be cleaned up a bit later.

W8fy9CT.jpg

Pretty standard SFF case. I went with the FTZ01 for the aluminum unibody

nNlwsUd.jpg

Whoever started doing this layout first with the GPU brackets is genius.

qNbBkDW.jpg

yBdapE2.jpg

Very subtle logo, love it.

na6TqhE.jpg

bpQNHxg.jpg

Got two fans on the bottom for GPU/radiator and one for the PSU

tHDqlHy.jpg

One on the top for CPU/Rad

btXuhaw.jpg

Looks a bit crowded already...

MvVelnw.jpg

Take that bit off though and it reveals a bit more space

JJnuANW.jpg

Lovely 15mm thick fans

hmM56Sa.jpg

KBL7bil.jpg

Cable management going to be fun...

hoZJBA4.jpg

jVSXKuj.jpg

Board fitted

vnhSP13.jpg

uOdQxaB.jpg

HtPTVYC.jpg

SSDs + Slim slot ODD

if12V64.jpg

The beast...

QZaNteN.jpg

Qpc5AS4.jpg

lTYY1Ue.jpg

Not that you can tell, but man is it a tight fit :D

ZgZqD3E.jpg

34mrtWJ.jpg

dVCOvea.jpg

I put an SSD between the GPU and fans to hold off on the sag for now.

TftrByC.jpg

·
Premium Member
12,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Quick unboxing of the MSI 980 Ti Lightning here. MSI did an amazing job keeping a high end GPU, classy.

So shiny, like a holographic Pokemon card

fhHZqWg.jpg

Details and such on the back

XcIqfxh.jpg

A chest!

r8QjH8l.jpg

SQlmIlg.jpg

Beautiful finish

Lv4dMxx.jpg

The king has arrived

zWsD9jO.jpg

So cozy

kWyweOy.jpg

6QYlXmo.jpg

Accessory box

zK7AkDW.jpg

4s8CvnA.jpg

9xCPsm7.jpg

w1UbEf1.jpg

1Dnn6yF.jpg

uBOpe9X.jpg

eiU1Pjg.jpg

6gdymLc.jpg

TTDRPoU.jpg

zdchLZY.jpg

87ywW79.jpg

o4ZqAcu.jpg

1CQNczo.jpg

·
Premium Member
12,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Man, a bit dead in here eh? Perhaps this is the wrong build forum for posting such things :p

I ordered the PSU and a couple other small things today. Hopefully the water cooling comes in before the weekend so I can do a lot of work!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by derickwm View Post

Man, a bit dead in here eh? Perhaps this is the wrong build forum for posting such things
tongue.gif

I ordered the PSU and a couple other small things today. Hopefully the water cooling comes in before the weekend so I can do a lot of work!
Good to hear some news .... Well ... if you are the "KWB USA Managing Director" .... you should recieves them in " EXPRESS MODE"
biggrin.gif

·
Premium Member
12,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrjSan View Post

Quote:

Man, a bit dead in here eh? Perhaps this is the wrong build forum for posting such things
tongue.gif

Good to hear some news .... Well ... if you are the "KWB USA Managing Director" .... you should recieves them in " EXPRESS MODE"
biggrin.gif
One would think eh? Sadly they just shipped today so I won't be getting it until Tuesday :( :(

Got this today though:

ob09Zj9.jpg

·
Registered
372 Posts
Assuming you're going to be using an EKWB on the Lightning, will the Lightning backplate still fit? I know my 980Ti SC+ backplate didn't work with my EKWB
frown.gif

·
Registered
372 Posts
Quote:

Yep, it still fits. I believe the EVGA ones fit, but you must purchase some slightly longer screws.
Not to derail, because I'm in for this sexy build, but I have the EVGA one, do I need to contact EK customer support to source longer proper screws?

·
Premium Member
12,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7akata View Post

Quote:

Yep, it still fits. I believe the EVGA ones fit, but you must purchase some slightly longer screws.
Not to derail, because I'm in for this sexy build, but I have the EVGA one, do I need to contact EK customer support to source longer proper screws?
I'd head over to the EVGA forums. They have some discussions on the topic, you're most likely going to get a much faster answer there.

·
Registered
703 Posts
What's the length of the card with a waterblock?

I have the option to snag one locally but only if the block makes it a tad shorter to clear my front rad
blushsmiley.gif
& subbed

·
Registered
291 Posts
Really curious about the realization of the loop in this case.

Subbed
thumb.gif

·
Registered
291 Posts
It's a very tight business.

I like
thumb.gif

·
Registered
132 Posts
Wow, what a beast build.
The only real big drawback is the 600 W sfx psu compared to an sfx-l psu...but you can replace the fan with a silent one. I did that to the silverstone sfx 450W of my brother.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelvinGimp View Post

The only real big drawback is the 600 W sfx psu compared to an sfx-l psu...but you can replace tge fan woth a silent one. I did that to the silverstonw sfx 450 of my brother.
If you're saying the 600W is a drawback due to the potential for noise as reported by some users I would consider that a nit. I'd almost be willing to wear earphones for this build if necessary
biggrin.gif
. Who knows, derickwm might be one of the lucky ones. Not everybody with a 600W is reporting noise issues. As far as using a SFX-L... no argument here, its a great PSU. But... in this case I believe it would have left derickwm with a tough decision... either install a SFX-L or install a water cooling system... but not both. It appears the extra length of a SFX-L would take the space currently being used for cooling system tubing and components.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts