Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 503 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SgtSpike's Minecraft Server Thread

This thread is to discuss server status, suggestions, problems, players, get togethers, etc. If anyone doesn't know what Minecraft is, check out http://www.minecraft.net.

Build Server address: play.minecraftcc.com
PvP Server address: play.minecraftcc.com:23456
Max players: 20 + reserved slots on each server
Mods: Bukkit + plugins.
Server Hardware: i7 @ 3.8ghz, 24GB Ram, Gigabyte X58-USB3, 60GB Vertex SSD, 74GB VR, 2x1TB WDG in RAID1.
Banhammer: At the ready.
Disallowed items: TNT and lava is limited to VIP members on the build server (to avoid griefing)

Both servers have truly infinite maps. The map file sizes are 4GB and 5GB for PvP and Build, respectively, so people have definitely been exploring. Generally speaking, the rules are simple. No griefing, respect other players, no swearing, etc. You are allowed to loot on PvP, but you can't grief someone's structure just for the sake of griefing.

Servers always have at least a few people in them. Sometimes they are full, most of the time there's 7-15 people on each one though. Join up!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Someone really messed up the server. There was just a giant bunch of poles up to the sky and my bridge was half griefed when I got on. Even funnier, they griefed the sign that I wrote plz don't grief on.

·
Premium Member
7,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah... once the whole authentication issue is over, we'll get some more OP's set up on the server and have better monitoring to help prevent griefing. And certainly, if you see anyone griefing, report them so I can add their name/ip to the ban list!

I plan to create a minecraft-wide username blacklist, so that all us server admins can ban the same griefers before they cause trouble on each of our servers. It'll be glorious.

·
In a van...DOWNBYTHERIVER
3,589 Posts
I just realized I've got an X2, I believe it's the 2.5GHz stock one. This is from my old rig, I've also got an AC Freezer 7 on it.

If my mind serves me right it's full name is the AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ so 2.5GHz would be right. Only way to check is to take apart my old rig as I'm using my old hard drive in my current rig.

·
No u
4,133 Posts
Alright guys. To help out the load of SgtSpikes server, I'm temp hosting one on my main Rig

955 @ 4.0Ghz and yes its stable so it won't crash from bad OC

server address: bush.shacknet.nu:25565
Players = 20 (Subject to testing)

Some people are on it now. Seems to be working okay so far besides the normal bugs that are still there till next update

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by savagebunny View Post
Alright guys. To help out the load of SgtSpikes server, I'm temp hosting one on my main Rig

955 @ 4.0Ghz and yes its stable so it won't crash from bad OC

server address: bush.shacknet.nu:25565
Players = 20 (Subject to testing)

Some people are on it now. Seems to be working okay so far besides the normal bugs that are still there till next update
In there, my screen just went black

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
I made a minecraft thread but it doesn't seem to have been given much attention. It's over here for anyone who cares

Mind if I add your server to the list?

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
I cant seem to stay connected to any server it must be my client

·
Premium Member
7,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Reflux
View Post

I made a minecraft thread but it doesn't seem to have been given much attention. It's over here for anyone who cares

Mind if I add your server to the list?

Sure, go for it!

·
No u
4,133 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by lhowatt
View Post

I cant seem to stay connected to any server it must be my client

Well there are 2 different clients on the main website, so try each one

·
Premium Member
7,187 Posts
I want to jump in on this, but I currently cannot make an account

·
No u
4,133 Posts
Just download the client and join a server, don't need to register a account right now

wth I keep getting errors on the server of Internal exception: java.net.SocketException

1 - 20 of 503 Posts