Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:

According to a Microsoft press release issued this morning, Left 4 Dead's Survival Pack DLC will be released on April 21. This release concerned the Xbox 360 version but Valve traditionally releases its PC content in a timely manner, and has previously stated that it will come by April 21.

The free Survival Pack adds the new Survival game mode, where players are given time to dig in before fending off unceasing zombie hordes in an attempt to survive as long as possible. Survival Mode is played on 12 new maps--11 being sections of existing levels and 1 created especially for Survival Mode, Lighthouse.

The Survival Pack also brings Versus mode to the final two co-op campaigns, Dead Air and Death Toll. This release coincides with the release of Left 4 Dead: Critics Choice Edition, which contains the original game plus the Survival Pack.

Valve has been contacted for confirmation of the PC release date.

Source

·
Premium Member
16,927 Posts
sweet.

got to love Valve - this game is sorely in need of a content based update tbh

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Dang I thought it would be sooner.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Does this include the SDK?!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Remember, this is about the 360 DLC. PC may or may not come sooner.

Quote:

Valve has been contacted for confirmation of the PC release date.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Quote:

The pack includes the new survival mode, which challenges players to hold out against a never ending wave of infected for as long as possible, as well as the addition of the Dead Air and Death Toll campaigns in Versus mode.

Valve has previously said that the DLC pack will be released on Xbox 360 and PC simultaneously, so we'd say it's a fair bet that mouse and keyboard gamers will see the add-on on the same date.

Source

• Rep+
Reactions: JTD92

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
Sweet!

edit: April 21rst. Thats a month away.

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
What makes me really angry is that after all this waiting only one of the survival mode maps is actually new content. That is just sad.

·
Premium Member
10,457 Posts
sounds good, but yeah i agree, we need more brand new content. when is the SDK coming out, does anyone know?

i want user made campaigns and mods to float my boat.

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by iandh
View Post

What makes me really angry is that after all this waiting only one of the survival mode maps is actually new content. That is just sad.

You do realize Valve is a really small company right? They are working on Death Toll and Dead Air in Versus, Survival Mode, re balancing all the current maps for it, Portal 2, HL2 Ep3, and TF2 Upgrades. Out of the 190 people that work there only a handful are actually mappers. I read at some point they spend on average about 300 to 400 hours on each map. It hasn't even been that long of a wait. Quit *****ing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtarmanrob
View Post

sounds good, but yeah i agree, we need more brand new content. when is the SDK coming out, does anyone know?

i want user made campaigns and mods to float my boat.

Same day as the Survival mode.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts