Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Quote:

Blizzard has released another set of screenshots from the anticipated StarCraft II, providing the gaming public with a look at an early version of the replay user interface.

"Replay UI is still very much work in progress," Blizzard's Kevin "Karune" Yui warned on the studio's forum. "These features are designed both to help players improve in StarCraft II as well as serve as a platform of statistics for eSports commentary."

The studio has yet to provide a release date for the PC strategy game, though the title is said to be "in the final stretch" and should see a beta test in the coming months.

Source

*EDIT* In related news:

Blizzard Launches New Battle.net Site

Quote:

Blizzard today opened the redesigned version of its Battle.net website, combining several of its game services into a unified portal.

Players can now merge World of Warcraft accounts with a Battle.net account to create a single consolidated handle.

The account also interfaces with the Blizzard Store. A game management display allowing the automatic download of titles purchased on the service. Additionally, users of the new Battle.net will be automatically entered for future Blizzard beta key drawings.

Though merging accounts is currently optional, Blizzard noted that World of Warcraft players will eventually be forced to consolidate their accounts on Battle.net.

"As we continue to build additional functionality into the new Battle.net, we will eventually require all active World of Warcraft accounts to migrate over to Battle.net Accounts in order to continue playing," reads the site.

Source

·
QA Engineer
3,016 Posts
Want moar!

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
I have lost all hope in this game... to many better games have come around and they took WAY to long... making a good game and taking your time is 1 thing, but thinking you have the best RTS out there and that you dont have to provide information to your users is totally different.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by GivingHope
View Post

Zerg looks terrible.

What you talking about, Zerg looks awesome, just need a bit more disgusting alien stuff, the mucus like creep looks great.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by cbrazeau1115
View Post

I have lost all hope in this game... to many better games have come around and they took WAY to long... making a good game and taking your time is 1 thing, but thinking you have the best RTS out there and that you dont have to provide information to your users is totally different.

Blizzard can make an epic rts. Look at Starcraft, the all time classic pc game ,and Warcraft 3 could be argued for being the current best rts. I have full confidence they are making an amazing game. Beyond what we have seen in the rts so far. Obviously there's always a group opposing but they need to realize they are a very unique bunch.

They make sure things get done right. They don't play with bull. You see all these other companies pushing all this "information" out there but it's all marketing. If you want real information you need to be part of the community. The grunts working on the Starcraft 2 are gamers just like us. My old clan leader (Warcraft 3 frozen throne) started working on the terrain for Starcraft 2 a very long time ago. I knew they were working on the game far before people knew it was on the drawing board.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.derp
View Post

Blizzard can make an epic rts. Look at Starcraft, the all time classic pc game ,and Warcraft 3 could be argued for being the current best rts. I have full confidence they are making an amazing game. Beyond what we have seen in the rts so far. Obviously there's always a group opposing but they need to realize they are a very unique bunch.

They make sure things get done right. They don't play with bull. You see all these other companies pushing all this "information" out there but it's all marketing. If you want real information you need to be part of the community. The grunts working on the Starcraft 2 are gamers just like us. My old clan leader (Warcraft 3 frozen throne) started working on the terrain for Starcraft 2 a very long time ago. I knew they were working on the game far before people knew it was on the drawing board.

Just because a lot of people play a game does not mean it is epic. Starcraft was special, but all the information I read on SC2... its all just the same with little editions and an up to graphics... thats just not worth it to me. I am much happier with my experience with DOW and DOW II along with a select other RTS games. Just my opinion though, I will not be buying or playing this game.

·
Overclocking
9,253 Posts
Never played StarCraft. What is it about?

I also thought it was a space game where you fly a ship or something

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by cbrazeau1115 View Post
Just because a lot of people play a game does not mean it is epic. Starcraft was special, but all the information I read on SC2... its all just the same with little editions and an up to graphics... thats just not worth it to me. I am much happier with my experience with DOW and DOW II along with a select other RTS games. Just my opinion though, I will not be buying or playing this game.
DOW of war was really boring. If you liked that game I really suggest you play Warcraft 3, it's on a whole different level. And yes a lot of people playing one game does make it good, that is, if it's not marketed. People will buy the best, like warcraft 3. They continue to sell their old games based on their reputation to be great games. Other companies continue to sell games if they have some great marketing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unknownm View Post
Never played StarCraft. What is it about?

I also thought it was a space game where you fly a ship or something
It's an rts. You fight as either terrain (human), protoss (technologically advanced aliens), or zerg (a deadly plague of aliens, halo's flood). It's considered "the" pc game of all time. Unless you like really old games, it would be boring to play now of days.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.derp View Post
DOW of war was really boring. If you liked that game I really suggest you play Warcraft 3, it's on a whole different level. And yes a lot of people playing one game does make it good, that is, if it's not marketed. People will buy the best, like warcraft 3. They continue to sell their old games based on their reputation to be great games. Other companies continue to sell games if they have some great marketing.
I HATE Warcraft 3... I can not stress enough how much that game failed in my eyes. And you said it best "They continue to sell their old games based on their reputation"... there is that one truck game that is rated the WORST game and it sells because of reputation... and not a good one.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by HowHardCanItBe View Post
Its looks more of a mod than a NEW starcraft game. Though, Starcraft has some nice cinematics. But, I don't know it doesn't look(aside from the UI and the touch up of the graphics) look any different from starcraft 1.

This = WIN. The closer this new one is to the original, with modern graphics and engine, new units and few other "improvments" the better. The original is in my eyes still the best rts ever made. Full Stop. DOW was good and will definately be 2nd in my eyes, but it was no SC.

·
Banned
15,763 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sizeak View Post
This = WIN. The closer this new one is to the original, with modern graphics and engine, new units and few other "improvments" the better. The original is in my eyes still the best rts ever made. Full Stop. DOW was good and will definately be 2nd in my eyes, but it was no SC.
Yeah, but they shouldn't be charging 50-100 bucks for a new game.
Though, I would agree the original was ****ing brilliant! That and age of empires 1 are still my favourite(the rest have been the same). But, my problem is that RTS is very restrictive and needs innovation. But, I want them to add something new or give something a new spin. I love everything about starcraft 1. Do they charge for playing online with SC2? Correct me if I am wrong but there is a MMO functionality?

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by HowHardCanItBeView Post
Yeah, but they shouldn't be charging 50-100 bucks for a new game.
Though, I would agree the original was ****ing brilliant! That and age of empires 1 are still my favourite(the rest have been the same). But, my problem is that RTS is very restrictive and needs innovation. But, I want them to add something new or give something a new spin. I love everything about starcraft 1. Do they charge for playing online with SC2? Correct me if I am wrong but there is a MMO functionality?

Nope battle net is still free. I'm not sure about any MMO functionality though. I think its just online ladder play etc like in current warcraft 3/SC battle.net. I'm just scared that if they try and innovate to much with it, they'll ruin the feel of it. Starcraft had that feeling to it, iI can't describe it, but unlike most rts which seem empty and lifeless it just kinda sucked you in for hours, and even though it was always, build base, kill enemy etc, it never got old lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.