Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:

Valve today released a decent-sized patch to Team Fortress 2, making a few tweaks and changes to the game's classes and systems.

Gameplay alterations include adding a duck timer, re-enabling spy side-stabs, and a primary weapon default for disguises. Other various bug fixes round out the list.
Take a gander at the full patch notes below:

Gameplay changes
  • Added a duck timer that prevents duck spamming while running around on-ground
  • In-air, players are only allowed to duck once before they touch ground again
  • Fixed several bounding box issues with jumping, falling, and rocket jump air-walking. Bounding box should be much more accurate there now
  • Increased backstab check so that Spies can side-stab again
  • When disguising, Spies now always start showing the primary weapon in their disguise, and can then switch it with the last-disguise key
TF2 Fixes
  • Fixed flamethrower loophole that resulted in the flame effect being stuck on while the flamethrower wasn't really firing
  • Fixed exploit that allowed players to circumvent the force-fire timeout on the pipebomb launcher
  • Fixed a bug that caused Natasha's slow on hit effect to be inverted from 75% to 25%
  • Restored sawmill_logs.mdl file, fixing some user maps that used it
  • Fixed some localization issues with Scout achievement strings
  • Removed the "Final" phrasing in the map loading screen
Engine fixes
  • Fixed a server crash on startup under Linux
  • Fixed a buffer overflow issue related to network string tables
  • Gamestats uploading is now done asynchronously. This fixes the client timeout issues on map changes
CP_Junction
  • Fixed an exploit where engineers could build a teleporter exit in an invalid area
  • Fixed a few bad overlay assignments and other minor issues

Source

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by rustler753
View Post

Natasha is back!

Natasha was gone?

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Why... The Spy's backstab was perfect! It was spot on for me >;/

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gexx View Post
Natasha was gone?
The REAL natasha, I hated the 25% slow...been waiting for this fix.

·
Premium Member
6,174 Posts
Holy bovine, the Spy is becoming more and more powerful.

And thank goodness they finally fixed that Pyro flame thing. It's been bugging me for as long as I can remember. :swearing:

·
Banned
8,805 Posts
Oh man, side stabbing is gonna screw me over because I like to snipe on 2fort in the bottom and spies always stab me in the side.

And mine justupdated

·
Premium Member
12,992 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by rustler753 View Post
The REAL natasha, I hated the 25% slow...been waiting for this fix.
Ahh. I was wondering why it wasn't slowing down. I switched back to Sasha because I didn't notice any difference.

The spy thing though.... ***. If anything needs to be fixed its the backburner, or as I call it, the spine burner, because if you aren't directly behind the player it won't crit.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Finally new patches. The new changing weapons with the last-disguise key makes life so much easier. Also, woot for side-stabbing returning.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkNite
View Post

Nail nade?

What do you think the nades the soldier carries around him are for?

·
Banned
8,805 Posts
Back in the original, the soldier had a nade he could throw, that would pop up in the air and shoot a ton of nails in a 360 degree ring around it.

It was by far the best way to clear out a room, I could really use it when you run into 2-3 SG's right next to each other.

I feel like the scout is the most powerful class right now.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
That's just cause there's too many of them.
A sentry or heavy can easily take them down.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Damnit!

The spy backstab was perfect! With the way things were before, people were just getting way too lucky. I was totally owning with spy the last couple weeks...

+1 on the backburner...

and nerf the Force-A-Nature already, the damage done is ridiculous with the added knockback.

·
Banned
8,805 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by xHassassin
View Post

That's just cause there's too many of them.
A sentry or heavy can easily take them down.

Not when you place the SG around a corner and you the engineer hide around the corner so you are out of the line of fire, but can repair the SG. This is exactly what the nail nade was for.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts