Overclock.net banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:

Following in the footsteps of other MMOs, Mythic is now offering a free 10-day trial of its fantasy title Warhammer Online.

The trial will restrict players to the Tier 1 and Capital City game zones only.

Source

·
Registered
553 Posts
Hop that gets more people in. I stopped playing after EA "fixed" the RvsR....no people, no fun.

Its a great game tho

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Teufle
View Post

Hop that gets more people in. I stopped playing after EA "fixed" the RvsR....no people, no fun.

Its a great game tho

What are you talking about, on Dark Crag there's so many people doing RvR, especially in T4.

Destro almost got their city taken last night.

·
Registered
688 Posts
their version of Open RvR always results to nothing more than fighting over a keep ramp....soo dull. Hit 40 and then quit

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Subby
View Post

their version of Open RvR always results to nothing more than fighting over a keep ramp....soo dull. Hit 40 and then quit

I dunno, I've had some pretty intense ORvR battles that were way more than just fighting at the keep steps. I've had epic ORvR battles with multiple WBs that ended up spanning over all 3 pairings.

·
Premium Member
7,706 Posts
I started playing again for the past week (played a little during the beta). I really hate the loot system in the game. There is so much class specific stuff and no real variety. I don't see much in the way of rare drops, if any. The game definitely doesn't focus on weapons, but more on abilities. The RvR stuff is kind of fun with large groups, but you don't get any loot for the battles. What is the point? I don't quite get the back and forth nature of it and what it means to the game as a whole. I mean, who cares who controls the battle points? What does that matter to me? Same with the scenarios. Does it matter who wins? Why is there no loot for winning? What is the point with that as well?

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by losttsol View Post
I started playing again for the past week (played a little during the beta). I really hate the loot system in the game. There is so much class specific stuff and no real variety. I don't see much in the way of rare drops, if any. The game definitely doesn't focus on weapons, but more on abilities. The RvR stuff is kind of fun with large groups, but you don't get any loot for the battles. What is the point? I don't quite get the back and forth nature of it and what it means to the game as a whole. I mean, who cares who controls the battle points? What does that matter to me? Same with the scenarios. Does it matter who wins? Why is there no loot for winning? What is the point with that as well?
the entire game sets you up for T4, and if you take keeps, there is loot drops. Get involved with the rvr lakes in T2 and up.

Also now if you participate in open rvr in the tiers, you get influence rewards just like a PQ.

And when you hit T4, taking a city gives you tons of rare drops.

You don't really see rares drop while questing, unless you're doing Gunbad/Bastion Stair/Lost Vale, which are the PvE dungeons.

The control points don't serve much of a purpose early on in the game other than locking a zone down and giving you little buffs, but in T4 it helps you progress through the zones faster as you take keeps, as you have to lock a zone down completely before the next one becomes contested.

• Rep+
Reactions: losttsol

·
Premium Member
7,706 Posts
Ok, that helps a little. I guess I'll be grinding for a while until I can get to Tier 4.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
its too bad the game flopped. I swear if blizzard copies its art style and combat but implements a GOOD pvp system similar to WAR it will be a hit. Hell, use some of the raid designers to add some good PVE in too and it will dominate for all eternity. I'm really hoping the next game is pvp centered. Although PVE seems to make them more money. carebears.

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Opeth07
View Post

its too bad the game flopped. I swear if blizzard copies its art style and combat but implements a GOOD pvp system similar to WAR it will be a hit. Hell, use some of the raid designers to add some good PVE in too and it will dominate for all eternity. I'm really hoping the next game is pvp centered. Although PVE seems to make them more money. carebears.

The game hasn't flopped...

Just because it doesn't have 1 million subscribers doesn't mean it flopped.

Tabula Rasa flopped, Hellgate London flopped, AoC is going to flop. People are coming back to WAR since they've done the 1.2 patch.

EDIT: losttsol, enjoy the scenarios and stuff, I wouldn't think of it as a grind..if you see keeps being taken, see about joining a warband to tag along, participate, you might have fun in the large fights that go on in the battlefield. Plus you get a ton of xp for solo kills outside of scenarios.

The previous Tier helps the war effort of the next tier slightly, so tier 2 has an indirect effect on tier 3, tier 3 has an indirect effect on tier 4 as well.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ch13f121 View Post
The game hasn't flopped...

Just because it doesn't have 1 million subscribers doesn't mean it flopped.

Tabula Rasa flopped, Hellgate London flopped, AoC is going to flop. People are coming back to WAR since they've done the 1.2 patch.

EDIT: losttsol, enjoy the scenarios and stuff, I wouldn't think of it as a grind..if you see keeps being taken, see about joining a warband to tag along, participate, you might have fun in the large fights that go on in the battlefield. Plus you get a ton of xp for solo kills outside of scenarios.

The previous Tier helps the war effort of the next tier slightly, so tier 2 has an indirect effect on tier 3, tier 3 has an indirect effect on tier 4 as well.
it was supposed to be the next big thing, it was supposed to take a million or two subs from WOW with its PVP and it fell on its face. Sure, its surviving but that's really not that special compared to the potential it had.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Opeth07 View Post
it was supposed to be the next big thing, it was supposed to take a million or two subs from WOW with its PVP and it fell on its face. Sure, its surviving but that's really not that special compared to the potential it had.
*has

WoW has been out for years now. WAR is new. Once it gets polished more people will play, im sure.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.