Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
16,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
Former members of Command & Conquer 3 and Red Alert 3 developer Electronic Arts Los Angeles have gone off on their own with a new independent studio named Supergiant Games.
http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/62753

sad how other EALA staff are apparently going to be sacked following the release of C&C4...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,000 Posts
Red Alert 2 (not Yuri's revenge) was the last good CnC IMO.

Generals, while fun, had nothing to do with the CnC universe. Everything since RA2 has been mostly garbage, and Red Alert 3 was an absolute joke.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
325 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Higgins View Post
Red Alert 2 (not Yuri's revenge) was the last good CnC IMO.

Generals, while fun, had nothing to do with the CnC universe. Everything since RA2 has been mostly garbage, and Red Alert 3 was an absolute joke.
c&c 3 Tiberium wars was pretty nice. Tiberium wars had that nice encyclopedia feature with in depth details about the planet, where tiberium came from and how it operates etc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
664 Posts
Good, I hope they go back to their roots, back to the Westwood days. Too bad they will probably not be allowed to use the C&C name.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
625 Posts
Hopefully they will put out a decent product.

I played the hell out of Tiberium Sun. The ones after that, not so much.
And I have no interest in even trying C&C4.
 

·
Starting to become a BOFH
Joined
·
10,471 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by PickledStiff View Post
Good, I hope they go back to their roots, back to the Westwood days. Too bad they will probably not be allowed to use the C&C name.
To go back to the Westwood days and bring something truly innovative to the RTS genre. Now, that would be something.
 

·
Totally New to OCN
Joined
·
10,627 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by legoman786 View Post
To go back to the Westwood days and bring something truly innovative to the RTS genre. Now, that would be something.
Innovative RTS, pretty much everything has been done =/

Innovative RTS = Total Annihilation + Core Contigency Pack.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,703 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Higgins
View Post

Red Alert 2 (not Yuri's revenge) was the last good CnC IMO.

Generals, while fun, had nothing to do with the CnC universe. Everything since RA2 has been mostly garbage, and Red Alert 3 was an absolute joke.

Generals is a bloody great game. Definately not a Command and Conquer game, but a good one none the less. It should be stricten from the record as a C&C game.

C&C3 was fantastic. It had some faults, but not many. Kane's Wrath was ok, but seriously disappointing on the missions front. Previous C&C expansions included missions for both factions (Inc Yuri's Revenge, which was also a fine addition to RA2)

RA3, was, however, an absolute joke. :/
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
435 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by StormX2
View Post

Innovative RTS, pretty much everything has been done =/

Innovative RTS = Total Annihilation + Core Contigency Pack.

I think you mean

Innovative RTS = Total Annihilation + Core Contigency Pack + TAUIP 2.0
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
435 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Higgins
View Post

Red Alert 2 (not Yuri's revenge) was the last good CnC IMO.

Generals, while fun, had nothing to do with the CnC universe. Everything since RA2 has been mostly garbage, and Red Alert 3 was an absolute joke.

RA3 plays like all the other RA games.

Generals I think is there better game other then C&C. RA didn't have anything to with Cnc universe, Its called a spin off.

I liked Generals better because when i attack i made happy faces ☺ with ion cannons in there base.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,703 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by BlitzNwl
View Post

RA3 plays like all the other RA games.

Generals I think is there better game other then C&C. RA didn't have anything to with Cnc universe, Its called a spin off.

I liked Generals better because when i attack i made happy faces ☺ with ion cannons in there base.

No, Generals had nothing to do with the C&C universe. Red Alert had everything to do with the C&C universe.

Einstien goes back in time and touches Hitler, which erases him from history and the timeline splits. The Soviet Union rises to power and is guided by Premier Stalin and his mysterious advisor. Towards the end of the game, Stalin is murdered by his advisor, who seizes control of the Union and takes it underground. The Allies are renamed to the GDI by power of the UN and sometime later replace the UN.

That advisor is a bald man with a beard.

Now the details are a little sketchy. Anyone could look them up properly. But Kane is Stalin's advisor and the old Soviet Union was the prototype for the Brotherhood of Nod.

I know my C&C. RA3 was an pissing joke. I did not see any 100ft high Japanese robot girls in any other of the games. So get out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
390 Posts
yeah i agree red alert 3 was a joke... i like the RA and generals.... when i heard of RA3 i was like "YAY!" but then i saw a video of it and it looked childish... almost like as if the tanks were like bubbles....
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,703 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by that7dude View Post
yeah i agree red alert 3 was a joke... i like the RA and generals.... when i heard of RA3 i was like "YAY!" but then i saw a video of it and it looked childish... almost like as if the tanks were like bubbles....
You should have played it....

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
435 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kryten View Post
No, Generals had nothing to do with the C&C universe. Red Alert had everything to do with the C&C universe.

Einstien goes back in time and touches Hitler, which erases him from history and the timeline splits. The Soviet Union rises to power and is guided by Premier Stalin and his mysterious advisor. Towards the end of the game, Stalin is murdered by his advisor, who seizes control of the Union and takes it underground. The Allies are renamed to the GDI by power of the UN and sometime later replace the UN.

That advisor is a bald man with a beard.

Now the details are a little sketchy. Anyone could look them up properly. But Kane is Stalin's advisor and the old Soviet Union was the prototype for the Brotherhood of Nod.

I know my C&C. RA3 was an pissing joke. I did not see any 100ft high Japanese robot girls in any other of the games. So get out.
Its been awhile.

Your right Generals isn't, I thought it was just because how reminds me the C&C1 to a point.

RA1 takes place in the C&C Universe but RA2 and up do not.

However, it has been implied by the original creators of the series, now working at Petroglyph Games, that Red Alert 2 takes place in a parallel universe that came about as a result of time travel experiments taking place some time into the Tiberian series

I guess you never played TA or DOW?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
What we really need for rts games is westwood.
Big studios like ea and activision are destroying games they have good ideas for the game but they always turn into an overstuffed p.o.s red alert 3 for example.
There is also the lack of dedicated servers mw2 for example.

Red Alert 2 was made by westwood and by far my favorite game from the red alert series, the tiberium wars series went bad around C&C 3, the plans for C&C 4 seem nice but its probably going to end up being an overstuffed p.o.s.

Hopefully supergiants will do a better job with their games.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,703 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by BlitzNwl View Post
Its been awhile.

Your right Generals isn't, I thought it was just because how reminds me the C&C1 to a point.

RA1 takes place in the C&C Universe but RA2 and up do not.

However, it has been implied by the original creators of the series, now working at Petroglyph Games, that Red Alert 2 takes place in a parallel universe that came about as a result of time travel experiments taking place some time into the Tiberian series

I guess you never played TA or DOW?
Yeah, RA2 is where things get sketchy. I can't remember where the point of where the timeline splits again for RA2. I think it's because in RA, the soviets win and Kane kills Stalin and goes underground. The timeline split would be where they lose and thus RA2 takes place! Not sure, though. Probably the otherway round.

I love my C&C =D

And TA = Total Annihilation? Oh yes. I used to love it when I was younger. Dawn of War I don't like at all.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,240 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by seward View Post
Well, maybe this means a high-quality RTS or two some time in the near-future. That would be nice.
these guys are the ones that butchered and ruined everything CnC related, they were basically HANDED the awesome universe of CnC and they even somehow made it SUCK.

I can't imagine them doing anything good other than sucking.
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Top