Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My monitor is always shaking!! im not over clocking it, and ive tried deguassing, restarting, checking cables.

suddely but its obvious and gets annoying

·
Some call me... Bifford
5,265 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sprtsplyr3189

My monitor is always shaking!! im not over clocking it, and ive tried deguassing, restarting, checking cables.

suddely but its obvious and gets annoying

Have you tried hitting it?

·
Banned
1,212 Posts
Maybe just getting old. My CRT that i had for quite a while started doin it all of a sudden and i guess it was just getting old

·
^^That's my user name^^
9,917 Posts
Moiré is the result of interference between the phosphor layout and the video signal. In some cases, you may find the moiré very noticeable. Press the Control key(on the monitor) to enter in the Moiré Adjustments. Adjust the level for optimum performance.

Setting Moiré cancellation too high will cause the picture to shake.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i only have three things - my pc,monitor and speakers in one power strip. I have a dell e772c - i fiddled with the monitor controls for moire or w/e and putting it way up or down doesnt do anything, neither does disabling it.

·
Some call me... Bifford
5,265 Posts
My monitor did this, when I gave it a good smack the shaking changed. If this happens there is a good chance you have a loose connection. Most likely this will be the end of the monitor as they are too expensive to fix relative to buying new. If hitting it doesn't change anything you will have to go with a more refined troublshooting technique. :)

·
^^That's my user name^^
9,917 Posts
no don't toss it, donate it to something, they can fix that kind of stuff.......
oyeah, try getting an svga cable on newegg... maybe it's the cable...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts