Overclock.net banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
10,992 Posts
Well if you want to use software, you can just use dropbox or an FTP client/server.

I thought if you shared a folder in windows on a workgroup, you could just set the name of the other user who can access it - or even assign a password to the share.

Try selecting the folder, then choosing share from the toolbar.

I believe you will be able to set specific users on the same workgroup with a password.

· Premium Member
10,992 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ItsBobtista
View Post

Well, I was able to get the folder shared, but it appears to be shared with the entire network. Now, I guess I just need to password protect it.

I think to get password protection working, you will need to establish a user account on your machine for the person who wants to access the files, then you can right click the directory, choose properties->advanced sharing.

Then you can just add the persons user name from the account you just created and assign them to proper permissions for the share. They will then need to authenticate to that account when they connect to the share.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.