Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you didnt already know Itunes gives you the ability to share music from ones library to another on another computer within the network.. well i got it working today between my PC and Macbook. Im trying to find a way to to easily share music between computer because i dont want to fill my laptop with music but i like to download somethings on it and burn cds from it. But i noticed that you cant take music off of the shared library, or burn it to a disc or anything just listen to it. Is there an easier way to share the music so i can acces both computers to one ipod, cd, ect.? if not... could i buy an external drive such as the 400 gb Buffalo networked drive and save everything to that.. can i access that from both computers and have it work?

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Well you could just share the folder where your music is located. I don't know wether you can do that with a PC-Mac combination though...

• Rep+
Reactions: Lilwheezy75

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
can u explain how do i share music with my friend, what info do i need

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea how do i shae the folder?? i tried to do that with a printer.. i couldnt get it to work, now i know its possible becasue when my computer was at my dads i shared a file with his G4... i forgot about that..

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
great i got the folder shared from my computer...Metalica... on a PC right click the folder and go to sharing and security and then under network sharing, click the box share this folder on the network.<br><br>
To access it fromy my mac i had to go to network, MS Home and then my moms and my comuter showed up, clicked mine, put my pasword in and then selected the foler i wanted to view... and voila everysong i own.<br><br>
Thanks alot for the help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts