Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey,
i was all staticy i guessed and touched my touchpad, and shocked it. its not working anymore.... doesnt show up in the synaptics menu, doesnt click, doesnt move, tried rebooting multiple times but nothing.

is it dead?

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
probably. Open the device manager and see if you can find your touchpad in the list of hardware. If you can't, or theres an unknow/defective item, your touchpad has gone to a better place.

• Rep+
Reactions: arekieh

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
w/e, my sister just got a new comp then. ill just plug it into the monitor.

its a vaio sr140d p8400 2gb ram. pretty solid, but just to anyone reading this, never buy a vaio sr series. theres a glitch with the battery and it wont last for more than 2 hr. its extensively catalogued on netbookreviews.com so. wasnt much of a laptop lol, always had to stay plugged in.

thanks for the response + rep

·
Premium Member
8,373 Posts
Shock it again. Srsly.

If I touch one of those small plasma globe things, and while touching it, I touch my touchpad, my touchpad dies, the driver even crashes. If I repeat what I did to kill it, it comes back. It's the weirdest thing but it worked, lol.

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
rofl. im gonna try that. nothing to lose. unless i somehow blow the mobo lol

·
Not New to Overclock.net
1,659 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by arekieh
View Post

w/e, my sister just got a new comp then. ill just plug it into the monitor.

its a vaio sr140d p8400 2gb ram. pretty solid, but just to anyone reading this, never buy a vaio sr series. theres a glitch with the battery and it wont last for more than 2 hr. its extensively catalogued on netbookreviews.com so. wasnt much of a laptop lol, always had to stay plugged in.

thanks for the response + rep

Sell it and upgrade your computer.

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
whats wrong with my monitor? just got it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts