Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys so I have just recieved my shogun bros ensense headset. I plugged them into the usb port of my system and they worked fine. I headed to the shogun bros website to download the utilities software as my system doeset have an disk drive.

After installing the software I restarted the system and the sound from my headset stopped working. I uninstalled the software and it works again. When the software is installed the windows volume controls states the volume is working and the mic still works I just get no sound. I can use the headphones without the software but I still want to get the most out of them by setting up the 7.1 surround sound.
Can anyone help?

I've contacted shogun bros with no response. I'm wondering if the software maybe conflicted which is restricting the sound when software is installed.

Thanks DC

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just came across your post, I can't even install the drivers (as they don't have any for Windows 10)!

Whilst the hardware appears sound (pardon the pun) I'm not sure this small Chinese company is really up to producing decent software backup
mad.gif

Hope someone has some answers...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi I eventually got the headset working after reinstalling my OS I received no response from shogun bros, and after contacting them on Facebook about the issue I was blocked. Although the build quality is nice and the performance is good. The software and customer service is appalling. I would highly recommend staying away from this company to anyone considering purchasing in the future.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The software is not up to much either and tbh you tend to find it more of a hassle and not used more than most of the time. Best just to stay plug n play
smile.gif

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yeah it's a bit of a risk buying from an unknown quantity like Shogun Bros. I did actually receive an email reply eventually, just said to wait until new drivers were ready. Not at all optimistic judging from your post (and also from trying to install Win 8 drivers - 1000s of little files taking many minutes to extract; not the sign of competent packaging)...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts