Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for 2x150 gig (10000rpm, 16mb cache)
I have found this website that has the best price, but I have never heard of them before....
http://www.isquaredinc.com/WES150Rinfo.html

$214 is the best price I have seen yet. I have thought about Ebay, but I just don't trust those peeps.

Open to suggestions also.

Thanks
Nick
 

·
 
Joined
·
29,532 Posts
I would say that the 150GB's is a bit waste of money. You will get higher performance (And isn't it cheaper?) for 4x 74GB's instead.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by gonX
I would say that the 150GB's is a bit waste of money. You will get higher performance (And isn't it cheaper?) for 4x 74GB's instead.
So your saying 4x 74gb in raid 0 +1 is better correct?

My plan is to get 2x 150 now, then get 2x 150 later.

I think the performance in the 74gb and the 150 gb is the same.

Thanks
Nick
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marshall82
$194 after rebate, best deal going and yeah you could get better performance from 4x74 but that would cost and extra $200.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822136012
Thanks for the reply! Rebate or not, I'm talking bottom dollar!

I have heard....or...do you know......does Newegg charge tax???
I have not heard anything bad about newegg except they charge tax regardless of your state.

Thanks
Nick

PS ooohhh I wonder if it is one rebate per house hold?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
17,110 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marshall82
$194 after rebate, best deal going and yeah you could get better performance from 4x74 but that would cost and extra $200.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822136012
Just would like to inform you I did that rebate 3 months ago, and they are saying they never received my rebate.

Might of been lost but I doubt it, don't expect to actually get the rebate back.

And newegg has never charged me tax.
http://images10.newegg.com/uploadfil...ct2906kl09.pdf
Its usuable for up to 2 raptors.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Murlocke
Just would like to inform you I did that rebate 3 months ago, and they are saying they never received my rebate.

Might of been lost but I doubt it, don't expect to actually get the rebate back.

And newegg has never charged me tax.

Damn that sucks dude! Can you send another rebate in?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
17,110 Posts
Nope, mail-in rebates usually don't work. When you see one don't expect to get it back. I always send them in but I've only received 2 back. In my experience they have about a 30% chance of giving you the rebate...

I edited my post above, you can use that rebate twice. (Up to 2 raptors)

If you happen to do that I would recommend sending the 2 rebates VIA UPS/FedEx and get a tracking number on them... Also get a copy of everything. That way if they screw you over, you have proof.
 
  • Rep+
Reactions: Nick7269

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Murlocke
Nope, mail-in rebates usually don't work. When you see one don't expect to get it back. I always send them in but I've only received 2 back. In my experience they have about a 30% chance of giving you the rebate...

I edited my post above, you can use that rebate twice. (Up to 2 raptors)

I see, sorry to hear about your rebate problem. I asked my roommate, he said he thought he got his rebate back from WD, but could not remember...

Ahhh up 2 to rebates, just what I need....if I want to gamble with the rebate...

Thanks
Nick
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
658 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Murlocke
Just would like to inform you I did that rebate 3 months ago, and they are saying they never received my rebate.

Might of been lost but I doubt it, don't expect to actually get the rebate back.

And newegg has never charged me tax.
http://images10.newegg.com/uploadfil...ct2906kl09.pdf
Its usuable for up to 2 raptors.
I bought my raptor on sept 30th sent the rebate in when i got it and got the check last Tuesday, sometimes its just luck of the draw and no I dont think newegg charges tax, maybe if you live in NJ o CA but im not sure.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,411 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marshall82
I bought my raptor on sept 30th sent the rebate in when i got it and got the check last Tuesday, sometimes its just luck of the draw and no I dont think newegg charges tax, maybe if you live in NJ o CA but im not sure.
im pretty sure the egg only charges tax in CA, NJ, and tenessee
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:


Originally Posted by lessthanjake1241

im pretty sure the egg only charges tax in CA, NJ, and tenessee


Doh, damn! I live in Tennessee! Now I'm gonna have to do some math!

Oh well...

Thanks
Nick
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top