Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right, so I have my uber laptop, but I want a desktop to fiddle around with too. I have a crappy one now:

XP1900 Palomino
NF7
256MB PC2100
4GB Western Digital HDD

9200SE 128MB

Pretty much the only good stuff is the mobo and the cooler (Volcano12). Basically I'm looking to upgrade to a decent overclocker for dirt money...

Got this lot picked out, if anyone knows cheaper please let me know!

40GB Western Digital 400JB-FDB 7200RPM 8MB cache, £33.77, www.scan.co.uk
XP-M 2500, £66.74, www.cpucity.co.uk
512MB (2x256) GeIL Value PC3200 Cas2.5, £51.64, www.overclockers.co.uk
AS5, £4.94, www.cpucity.co.uk
Hiper TypeR 480W PSU, £51.70, www.scan.co.uk
Enermax CS527 case, £35.19, www.overclockers.co.uk

The PSU is a cert, not changing that. Total of £243.98 unless my calculator lies...

Hot or not?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,316 Posts
Sounds frikkin good for the money to me...

Only thing i will say is that you've used 3 different websites? how much does the delivery add up to on all those sites? You might find the money you've saved by shop-hopping nt all that great once you have ofset it against the cost of delivery.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:


Originally Posted by xms

Sounds frikkin good for the money to me...

Only thing i will say is that you've used 3 different websites? how much does the delivery add up to on all those sites? You might find the money you've saved by shop-hopping nt all that great once you have ofset it against the cost of delivery.

The shipping will only cost from cpucity and scan, as overclockers is only in Stoke, so I just hop on the A50 and head north...

As for the amount, I have no idea yet - and some places don't offer the same things as others, like scan has no mobile XPs.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,316 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by muffin

The shipping will only cost from cpucity and scan, as overclockers is only in Stoke, so I just hop on the A50 and head north...

As for the amount, I have no idea yet - and some places don't offer the same things as others, like scan has no mobile XPs.


Ahh well you'll prolly be Ok then if you only have to pay shipping from 2 places.

When you visit overclockers, give them a slap from me will you. Bunch of a-holes.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:


Originally Posted by xms

Ahh well you'll prolly be Ok then if you only have to pay shipping from 2 places.

When you visit overclockers, give them a slap from me will you. Bunch of a-holes.

ok, but what for?



hahaha just found that
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,316 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by muffin

ok, but what for?



hahaha just found that

For being a bunch of useless twats. But for really managing to **** up each and every of my past 4 orders with them.

I screwed them over tho....I ordered £600 worth of computer gear, and when they shipped it a day late, i rejected the parcel when it arrived and forced them to give me my money back including shipping costs...muhahaha
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:


Originally Posted by xms

For being a bunch of useless twats. But for really managing to **** up each and every of my past 4 orders with them.

I screwed them over tho....I ordered £600 worth of computer gear, and when they shipped it a day late, i rejected the parcel when it arrived and forced them to give me my money back including shipping costs...muhahaha

hmmm, guess its a good idea to pick the stuff up myself then. I was going to anyway, don't fancy the shipping cost of a steel ATX case...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:


Originally Posted by stevo3

where abouts u live muffin???

A couple of miles south of Derby
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top