Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I made a batch (.BAT) file that I use for testing stuff, and I want to have a shortcut on my desktop that will open the batch file in Notepad, and I'll have another shortcut that just simply runs the batch file normally.

Is there a way to make one of those shortcuts open the .bat file in Notepad, for quick and easy editing?

Thanks for any help!

[EDIT] Never mind, I got it!

You just put the directory and filename of the .exe to the program you want, then the file you want (as in normal shortcuts) like this:

"C:\\Program Files\\Notepad++\
otepad++.exe" "C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\est.bat"

·
Premium Member
5,047 Posts
you know it wasnt needed to do all that.. with the bat file you can just right click on it and select edit.. or just double click it to execute it.. there is also the right click and goto open with ... and select notepad.. this way you dont have to clutter up the desktop with icons

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trippen Out
View Post

you know it wasnt needed to do all that.. with the bat file you can just right click on it and select edit.. or just double click it to execute it.. there is also the right click and goto open with ... and select notepad.. this way you dont have to clutter up the desktop with icons

That was the reason for creating the icon... I didn't want to right click.... move... wait for the menu to slide out... then click again lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts