Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So the long story short is I am going to finally do a watercooling build. I am going to wait until I get a new GPU to do this which will most likely be a 3080. So my question is about my case. I'm fairly certain without modding I'm getting a 120 and 240 rad in max. And that would still make fitting pump and res a bit tricky. I tried googling builds in my case and didn't have a lot of luck.

So the question, Should I just look at a new case like the H700 or others. I'm a fan of the NZXT so just getting the bigger one seems like a logical step.

Edit: Currently I have the H500 from NZXT

·
Registered
15 Posts
You didn’t mention what case you have now..but even a single 240 isn’t going to be enough.

For reference I’m using a 360 and 240 for a 3900x/2080ti. Water temp reaches around 36c with a gpu temp of around 46c, cpu around 60c

This is with noctua nf-a12x25 up to around 1500rpm at peak curve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You didn’t mention what case you have now..but even a single 240 isn’t going to be enough.

For reference I’m using a 360 and 240 for a 3900x/2080ti. Water temp reaches around 36c with a gpu temp of around 46c, cpu around 60c

This is with noctua nf-a12x25 up to around 1500rpm at peak curve

I thought it was in my sig rig, but that's the wrong one lol. Its a NZXT H500.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I took a look at the case. I wouldn’t advise watercooling in it. Some of the 3080s are reported to go up to 400watts without factoring in the cpu. 360&240 is my minimum recommendation. H700 will suite you if looking for full size in the NZXT family

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I took a look at the case. I wouldn’t advise watercooling in it. Some of the 3080s are reported to go up to 400watts without factoring in the cpu. 360&240 is my minimum recommendation. H700 will suite you if looking for full size in the NZXT family

I'm open to other recommendations. I just like the simplicity and price of the H700.

·
Overclocker in training
13,465 Posts
Hi,
Bigger case 120-240 rads are nothing and a waste of money and time.
Two 360mm
http://phanteks.com/

·
Riding on the edge
3,249 Posts
Here are a couple more
Are you a human?

I've built with the first item above and for the price it works really well and lots of options for future growth. The Lian Li just catches my eye either with or without the RGB.
If you're serious about going under h2o take some time when choosing your case as ThrashZone mentioned. You'll be amazed how addicting it can be and there's nothing worse than 20/20 hindsight.
It took me 3 cases (2 builds) till I found what I really needed/wanted that would keep me happy :)

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have been looking at the Fractal Design Define as well. It seems to have gotten some hate for airflow but they are damn sexy and even the normal one can fit two 360 rads pretty easily and the XL even more.

I was looking at the Phanteks a bit too, and the good old lian li I have not owned a lian li in a long time. I will have to do a bunch of research good thing is I have time since I don't have a new card yet and will be waiting for that. Depending on amd I might just a build a whole new system and put it under water.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Its pretty tough to find perfect case. Well there was but company no longer around. I am looking at getting custom work done at this point. At somepoint want to do custom cases.

My ultimate goal is something larger version of the s8 but fits 480/560mm radiators, updated front panel and improvements in cable management/routing (hiding)

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Lian Li 011D XL seems really nice too. Easily fits 3 rads. Doubt I would use 3 but have room to grow. Its more expensive then the Define 7 XL and I think it looks a little worse but seems like it would do the job better and grow with me.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
The 011 XL is nice. Funny thing is i gave my 011xl away in the end. Decided to go back to my caselabs s8

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had plans for a case labs and something delayed it then they stopped. I was pissed. I'm pretty much stuck on the define 7 xl or the 011D XL.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts