Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found out that they are making Crysis 2 for PC and consoles separetely.
I always found it annoying how in Crysis your crosshair feels "floaty" tho,
and when you turn somewhere it feels like your movements undergo some input lag and it messes around with the player's view.

Do you feel like Crysis 2 PC version should give the player the option to turn off the "floaty" crosshair option, so you can get fast headshots like in CSS?

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SSJ5Broli
View Post

I found out that they are making Crysis 2 for PC and consoles separetely.
I always found it annoying how in Crysis your crosshair feels "floaty" tho,
and when you turn somewhere it feels like your movements undergo some input lag and it messes around with the player's view.

Do you feel like Crysis 2 PC version should give the player the option to turn off the "floaty" crosshair option, so you can get fast headshots like in CSS?

I think they did it for the sake of realism, so I doubt they're going to change that.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by grahamcrackuh
View Post

I think they did it for the sake of realism, so I doubt they're going to change that.

Yeah they did if for realism. Thats what the game was supposed to be like, real life.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chucklez
View Post

Yeah they did if for realism. Thats what the game was supposed to be like, real life.

I see what you did there

·
Super Moderator
10,389 Posts
I think they should make the controls powered by rainbows. And you should be able to wield dual space-noodles.

Are we really talking cry2 right now?

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Seemed like every other shooter's crosshairs to me.

·
Banned
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by OverVolter
View Post

I didnt notice floaty cursor in Crysis or Warhead.
I played them through 4 or 5 times..

O.K. go play CSS. Then just compare how more comfortable it is to get headshots. Also it requires more skill, not like console games like COD 4, where you just "point and shoot"

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by GPA_Voltaire
View Post

I see what you did there

Did where?

And they did it for realism not so you cant get headshots easily. So I dont think they will take it off.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Quote:

View Post

O.K. go play CSS. Then just compare how more comfortable it is to get headshots. Also it requires more skill, not like console games like COD 4, where you just "point and shoot"

You've just described every FPS ever.

By the way, consoles aren't to blame for all of life's problems. If you're going to hold a grudge against someone, at least make it the developers who are actually calling the shots and making bad decisions rather than boxes of plastic much like the beloved PC.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Quote:

View Post

I think you're contradicting yourself here.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Counterstrike is a GAME, some other games try to simulate realism even if only a glimmer of it, Counter Strike does not.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by GPA_Voltaire
View Post

I thought you were being sarcastic see this

Oh lol gotcha

And yeah the game isnt supposed to be a point click and "BOOM HEADSHOT" kind of game like CSS.

·
Taking it Easy
4,114 Posts
Yeah I don't get it. There's just more precision and less physics in CSS. The jump in physics from Q3 to CSS is like going from CSS to Crysis.

Seriously, play Quake 3 and go back to CSS and you'll have the same exact complaints. But this time the complaints will be about CSS.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SSJ5Broli View Post
Ever tried to shoot a target at 100 yards with a rifle in real life?
Yeah...
If you had, you wouldn't be asking this question

·
Banned
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Quote:

Originally Posted by vdek View Post
Counterstrike is a GAME, some other games try to simulate realism even if only a glimmer of it, Counter Strike does not.
Actually it has recoil that is closer to realism than Crysis or COD4, because only your first 1-2 bullets hit target, I doubt if you spray irl from hundreds of feet away all your bullets will land.

Also it has slower movement after you jump, which is also more realistic, and better aiming when you are crouching.

And it's not easy killing someone in CSS, because you have to constantly side step while trying to stand still for 1 second because bullets will not have steady aim if your moving, which is yet another element of realism.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SSJ5Broli View Post
Actually it has recoil that is closer to realism than Crysis or COD4, because only your first 1-2 bullets hit target, I doubt if you spray irl from hundreds of feet away all your bullets will land.

Also it has slower movement after you jump, which is also more realistic, and better aiming when you are crouching.

And it's not easy killing someone in CSS, because you have to constantly side step while trying to stand still for 1 second because bullets will not have steady aim if your moving, which is yet another element of realism.
You serious? I've been playing CS since 2000, I know it's nuances very well, it's not realistic in the slightest.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts