Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So.. i recently got a 3rd GTX 260. it is the BFG GTX260 MaXcore 55nm OCE overclocked edition. they retail at stores like best buy n frys for $199.99

I listed it on craigslist and i got a guy today emailing me wanting it. he has XFX GTX 260 Core 216. that is stock speed and what he claims to be 2 months old. with reciept. I'm not sure what he is thinking but he wants to trade me his XFX GTX 260 216 2 months old with reciept PLUS give me $50 cash just for my brand new BFG.. i was totally confused. LOL

He says it works fine. and will give me reciept and transfer warranty. i think he wants mine cuz it is overlocked. (lol, never heard of evga precision i guess)

I'm at first thought thinking if its to good to be true.. it probably is. But basically the same card Plus $50 cash would be sweeeet. lol Should i go over and see his card run and check it out. or does he sound like a scammer. (to bad i know plenty about graphics cards and wont get scammed. lol.)

What u guys think?

·
Premium Member
7,748 Posts
Be VERY careful, and make sure there is absolutely nothing wrong with the XFX card.

Personally, I'd hang on to the BFG just for the warranty service, but XFX does pretty good in that area as well.

·
Premium Member
4,062 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by iandh
View Post

1. Go over there and make him run 3d06 a couple times
2. Call XFX and give them the card's serial #, make sure it is still transferrable
3. Profit

this

·
Premium Member
10,440 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by iandh View Post
1. Go over there and make him run 3d06 a couple times
2. Call XFX and give them the card's serial #, make sure it is still transferrable
3. Profit
I see this to be the best case scenario.

If you both want to and are willing to do the trade, then you two would take the time out to gain each other's trust by doing some tests before the trade.

·
Premium Member
5,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
he said he'd show me it, and let me see it running a game on his PC. I'd take eVGA precision with me and check it's temps.. is there a way to check the temps without evga precision, so he doesn't see that and change his mind if he learns how to OC.. Lol I'm not sure that is why, I'm not sure why but i'm guessing it's cuz mine is oc edition, he said he's show me his and everything. I'm pretty confused. lol

If I can get xfx warranty transfered. I'm all game, I'll just hang on to it.

·
Premium Member
5,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
double post, sorry. on my G1 phone

·
Overclock? What?
3,250 Posts
Gpu-z

·
Premium Member
5,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yea, I forgot about GPU-Z.. done.

I'll email him right now, little iffy, but if I have the warranty oh well. Since I already have 2 260's might as well get some cash right. lol.

We'll see. I'm exited to see his reply tomorrow.

·
Banned
8,014 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by xguntherc
View Post

.. is there a way to check the temps without evga precision, so he doesn't see that and change his mind if he learns how to OC.. Lol I'm not sure that is why, I'm not sure why but i'm guessing it's cuz mine is oc edition,

now it sounds like you're just trying to rip him off

Real Temp checks GPU temps. Also Coretemp and Everest

·
Premium Member
5,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm not ripping him off, it was HIS idea.. I'm the one taking the risk giving someone a brand new card for a used one, but he wants to give me cash also. lol. I don't know.

I have no clue his reason for it, but he said I could test the card first. so I think I'll give it a try and see what happens.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SgtSpike
View Post

OP hasn't posted for a while...

I say we all get together and form our own mob! Search parties in every direction! Get out your pitchforks and torches we are gonna find him!

Or would you say its safe to say he's already laying face down in a ditch somewhere getting raped by a meth head?

Dibs on his rig!

Lol but seriously an update would be nice. How did it turn out OP?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.