Overclock.net banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I TeK things...
Joined
·
17,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it looks like I am gonna put in another WCing order in at Petras or Jab-tech......I am thinking about adding in a Res to ease my bleeding. Putting in my MCR320 was a PITA compared to my MCR220 due to bubbles...and air pockets all with a T line. So I thought a Res should at least alleviate the issue a bit.....What do ya'll think?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,723 Posts
It will help some, but not totally get rid of your bleeding problem. If you place the res right before your pump it will make sure your pump will always have water to push through the line. Air pockets will still probably hide in your rads for awhile, but should bleed much easier. I think you should give it a try. Though, I would still recommend tipping your res to coax the bubbles out.
 

·
I TeK things...
Joined
·
17,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:


Originally Posted by NewAtOCing
View Post

It will help some, but not totally get rid of your bleeding problem. If you place the res right before your pump it will make sure your pump will always have water to push through the line. Air pockets will still probably hide in your rads for awhile, but should bleed much easier. I think you should give it a try. Though, I would still recommend tipping your res to coax the bubbles out.

Well that's what I ultimately had to do with my Rad......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,539 Posts
If you have the money and you don't have the time, sure why not?

I had a t-line and it took me an hour or so to bleed. Then I got a microres 150 and it bled in 5 minutes. And it looks a lot better with a res.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,723 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by bluedevil
View Post

Well that's what I ultimately had to do with my Rad......


I've only had to do that once. Usually I fill my loop and make sure the res has plenty of water in it and just let it run. It's a bit louder for awhile because of all the air bubbles working there way out but it only takes a couple hours to be silent again. I don't even need to watch it, except for the res level, so it's much easier than just a t-line.

Edit: Then again I don't have a triple, just 2 doubles, so I don't know if it would bleed the same way or not.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
22,477 Posts
I like a res on my main loop, I cut into it a lot and I like being able to bleed it out fast.

I usually use a bay res or a Swifty micro res.
 

·
I TeK things...
Joined
·
17,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:


Originally Posted by ira-k
View Post

I like a res on my main loop, I cut into it a lot and I like being able to bleed it out fast.

I usually use a bay res or a Swifty micro res.

Yeah I think I will nab one......another ?

Which ver Swifty? I see a few V1s around here but the added ability of the V2 might be worth it for filling/draining to me.....
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
22,477 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by bluedevil
View Post

Yeah I think I will nab one......another ?

Which ver Swifty? I see a few V1s around here but the added ability of the V2 might be worth it for filling/draining to me.....

All I've used are the V1,they work fine for me, if I were going to get one now I'd probably get a V2 just to check it out..


For a bay res I like the DD.5.25" Bay Res .Just stick a thick phone-book under the front of your case while your bleeding, that keeps coolant over the barbs in the back and you'll bleed out fast.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top