Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
I TeK things...
Joined
·
17,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got my MCR320 on a CPU only loop right now, but I was thinking of grabbing this combo to cool my GTX 260. I have 3 HS YLs on the MCR320 right now and am thinking that it can handle the heat load of a Q6600 and a GTX 260.

I heard somewhere that these GPUs are really sensitive to heat and can be really stubborn when OCing due to this. Now I have AS5 on it @ 50% which it idles @ 38C and loads @ 60C, and folds @ 53C. Or should I just grab some IC7 and try that instead?

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,508 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by bluedevil View Post
Well I got my MCR320 on a CPU only loop right now, but I was thinking of grabbing this combo to cool my GTX 260. I have 3 HS YLs on the MCR320 right now and am thinking that it can handle the heat load of a Q6600 and a GTX 260.

I heard somewhere that these GPUs are really sensitive to heat and can be really stubborn when OCing due to this. Now I have AS5 on it @ 50% which it idles @ 38C and loads @ 60C, and folds @ 53C. Or should I just grab some IC7 and try that instead?


Hi Blue,

I'm in the exact same predicament as you.

I have the MCR320, (only i'm using 6 fans). I would say that, if you add 3 more fans and go for push/pull it would be very worth it to WC your gtx 260.

I'm looking at that exact bundle and I think I'm going to get it... and I think you should too

jam3s
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,539 Posts
I just installed that combo a few hours ago... I went to a undervolted GTX280 with idle 40c and full load 80c+ to overvolted 30c idle and 50c load!

I also have a MCR320 but I have some low speed low CFM fans because I like quiet.


Currently in the progress of OCing... I'll report back when I'm done.
 

·
I TeK things...
Joined
·
17,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by jam3s View Post
Hi Blue,

I'm in the exact same predicament as you.

I have the MCR320, (only i'm using 6 fans). I would say that, if you add 3 more fans and go for push/pull it would be very worth it to WC your gtx 260.

I'm looking at that exact bundle and I think I'm going to get it... and I think you should too

jam3s
Oh I forgot to mention I do have 6 fans on it. 3 CM 40CFMs on the inside pushing and 3 YL HSs on the rad itself, pulling.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,302 Posts
I think you would be fine heatwise either way. Your temps aren't bad as they are, but, If I had the cash, I'd grab that block and go for it.

Question, how come I don't see the 320 in your wc log?
Need updated pics!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
65,162 Posts
Just a note... the GTX200 heatsink is missing a spot for one of the VRMs. You need to double up a piece of themal tape to make contact.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,508 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by bluedevil View Post
Oh I forgot to mention I do have 6 fans on it. 3 CM 40CFMs on the inside pushing and 3 YL HSs on the rad itself, pulling.
well then blue, I would say go for it.

Just make sure, (of course you know this) to orient your loop pump-->rad-->cpu-->gpu-->teeline/res-->pump.

I think your existing loop will hold its own no problem with both cpu and gpu.

jam3s
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,539 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by DuckieHo
View Post

Just a note... the GTX200 heatsink is missing a spot for one of the VRMs. You need to double up a piece of themal tape to make contact.

I just installed it and I checked if everything made contact and they did.
 

·
I TeK things...
Joined
·
17,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:


Originally Posted by Zippit
View Post

I just installed it and I checked if everything made contact and they did.

Ahh but does it work with a 55nm card?
 

·
I TeK things...
Joined
·
17,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oupavoc View Post
Here is a simple answer. Yes if you don't upgrade often like every 6-8 months. If you do upgrade so often, its not a good investment since your not going to keep the same GPU for 2-3 years.
To answer your question, I tend to keep my GPUs at least a year.

I dunno, the Artic Cooling Accellero Xtreme GTX280 is coming out soon, which is $60, and has three 92mm fans....

http://www.arctic-cooling.com/catalo...37&language=en
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,539 Posts
I just settled with my OC: 729, 1559, 1200.

I've been folding all night and I just hit 45c.... and thats crazy cool! But if you feel like adding more fans to you case and thus adding more noise.... be my guest but you are missing out man!
 

·
I TeK things...
Joined
·
17,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I may just do it......Though I did some research last nite and found out that both uni-sinks (Swiftech and D-Tek) do not work for the 55nm PCB designs. So I am gonna have to get either a MCW60-R or FuZion GFX V2 with there respected GTX200 kits. I'd also have to get some individual sinks to go along with the order to cool the memory and voltage regulator.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,539 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by bluedevil
View Post

I may just do it......Though I did some research last nite and found out that both uni-sinks (Swiftech and D-Tek) do not work for the 55nm PCB designs. So I am gonna have to get either a MCW60-R or FuZion GFX V2 with there respected GTX200 kits. I'd also have to get some individual sinks to go along with the order to cool the memory and voltage regulator.

You can get a unisink for that aswell.


Go with the MCW60-r... its awesome.
 

·
I TeK things...
Joined
·
17,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Quote:


Originally Posted by Zippit
View Post

You can get a unisink for that aswell.


Go with the MCW60-r... its awesome.

I need to see this 55nm uni-sink. Link me.
 
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Top