Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now im tempted to buy it. I have enought money and lately i have not my gtx 285 is showing age with games i try to max like metro 2033 and few others like crysis still and stalker. Im wondering should i go and buy one now or maybe wait till Christmas and get one when they are maybe 100 or 200$ cheaper or maybe even new verisons will be out by then and nvidia`s.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,169 Posts
Definitely wait. Maybe not until Christmas, but chances are that prices will be dropping once the 400 series drops.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,664 Posts
Well think about it, if you buy one now you can enjoy all your games maxed out for sure. And enjoy any dx11 titles at max that come out this year. If you wait, well you will have to suffer through the next 9 months, but you will save $100-$200 IF they drop that much.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:


Originally Posted by dmreeves
View Post

Well think about it, if you buy one now you can enjoy all your games maxed out for sure. And enjoy any dx11 titles at max that come out this year. If you wait, well you will have to suffer through the next 9 months, but you will save $100-$200 IF they drop that much.

That and nvidia will most likely have better cards due to wait.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,985 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by dmreeves
View Post

Well think about it, if you buy one now you can enjoy all your games maxed out for sure. And enjoy any dx11 titles at max that come out this year. If you wait, well you will have to suffer through the next 9 months, but you will save $100-$200 IF they drop that much.

suffer with a GTX 285? lol.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
500 Posts
your current card isnt too old. you are missing out on some ultra gaming though. buy 5970 now and use your nvidia gtx 285 for physx. install both cards in your pc
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
838 Posts
I sold my GTX 260 SLI setup and put that toward a purchase of a 5970 which is due here today... Go with your gut honestly. A few dollars here and there + the "what if's" doesn't compare to actually owning it "here and now." Buy the card if you can find it IMO
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,350 Posts
Just wait for nvidia cards to come out to drop the prices of the 5970 or u can try to grab an open box 5970...and fyi I do not think nvidia is going to have the best card on the market this time...5970 is a beast
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
255 Posts
Im finding it hard to picture your gtx 285 showing age....

my GTX 280 is perfect... i've never played a game i could max out, metro 2033,STALKER and Crysis included (minus the DX11 only features, for obvious reasons)

But regardless, you're probably best off waiting, i smell a big price drop in the coming months
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
422 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Geriden
View Post

But regardless, you're probably best off waiting, i smell a big price drop in the coming months

I think I smell one too..*sniff*..smells like extra cash.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top