Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a U3011 and a 980 ti SLI setup (Going to upgrade to 1080 TI when it comes out) Looking to get a monitor for only gaming. A 1440p 144hz g-sync monitor specifically.
Was just wondering, is their any other new monitors I should wait for release/reveal before buying a 1440p 144hz g-sync monitor? Since Computex was coming up I was wondering if some 200hz 1440p monitor might be released or something.

·
Premium Member
2,113 Posts
Pretty much any 2014-2016 21.5" & up AHVA/IPS/PLS bests the 3011's sRGB mode while also providing higher contrast, far less glow, faster pixel response times and a less grainy matte coating; it's very easy to upgrade since the 3011 has always sucked for non-profession use (calibrated and used with programs which support color management) unless you mistake the non-sRB modes over-saturated and inaccurate wide gamut colors for 'quality'.

Only AOC (AGON Line) and Viewsonic have announced future 27" 144hz (165hz with built in overclocking feature) G-Sync AHVA panels, but it's unlikely that they'll be much better than the Acer XB271HU.

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MenacingTuba View Post

Pretty much any 2014-2016 21.5" & up AHVA/IPS/PLS bests the 3011's sRGB mode while also providing higher contrast, far less glow, faster pixel response times and a less grainy matte coating; it's very easy to upgrade since the 3011 has always sucked for non-profession use (calibrated and used with programs which support color management) unless you mistake the non-sRB modes over-saturated and inaccurate wide gamut colors for 'quality'.

Only AOC (AGON Line) and Viewsonic have announced future 27" 144hz (165hz with built in overclocking feature) G-Sync AHVA panels, but it's likely that they'll be much better than the Acer XB271HU.
You mean unlikely? Not sure if typeo or not. The only AOC AGON monitor i saw was a freesync TN that will probably have the same grainy coating and pixel inversion as the current ones do. The AHVA from Viewsonic is also most likely using the same AUO panels found in the current AHVA monitors so it'll be a similar lottery with those.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just put in a order for the XB271HU. I'm feeling if anything good came out of computex, It would be around late december. Probably will get my next monitor with the 1080 ti comes out.

·
Premium Member
2,113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malinkadink View Post

You mean unlikely? Not sure if typeo or not.
Yes I meant unlikely.

·
Gaming Enthusiast
2,174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malinkadink View Post

The only AOC AGON monitor i saw was a freesync TN that will probably have the same grainy coating and pixel inversion as the current ones do.
Only the Freesync model is a TN panel. The GSYNC model is AHVA (AG271QG). It's worth waiting to see at the very least since its scheduled for June and will most likely be cheaper than Asus/Acer.

·
User
2,334 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbatemper View Post

DOA unit. All of my regret
frown.gif
Looks like destiny is saying wait

1 - 10 of 10 Posts